Patch status update

Moon

Some have been asking for an update here and in emails, so I just wanted to post a quick news flash. The developer team is working on all the issues reported so far, both technical (problems to get the game to run reliably on certain hardware) as well as gameplay bugs. Making progress on some of them, but not all (yet).

However, we want to put out a first patch quickly for the benefit of those who keep having problems running it, so we're hoping to have something out at the end of this week, to be followed with a bigger patch later on. Many people who initially reported problems have already been helped with workarounds, but we want to make sure that the game works out of the box, obviously, so this is taking priority.

We also want to tweak some more fundamental design issues in the game in a more in-depth patch at some point. But this is a rather complex undertaking, so it will have to wait until the more pressing bugs and technical issues that some are reporting are solved.

Martin

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough, but keep in mind that what you're calling serious issues might not be so serious in our book, or that of other players. We're not going to make a patch to make the loud happy, but we're going to patch it to improve the game for those who like it (and to make it possible for those who still have hardware issues).

Martin

Originally posted by Moon:

Fair enough, but keep in mind that what you're calling serious issues might not be so serious in our book, or that of other players. We're not going to make a patch to make the loud happy, but we're going to patch it to improve the game for those who like it (and to make it possible for those who still have hardware issues).

Martin

I'll be happy if I can sneak and hide stuff like I'm able to in CM. Anything less than that very basic and essential realistic ability and ToW will remain an arcade turd.

Which would be a shame, because anything that looks as fantastic as ToW deserves the same level of quality under the hood.

Unfortunately (for you) we've not made this game for Billybob alone.

Martin

No, for sure, but you might get it patched to the satisfaction of the majority of posters on this forum and many others who feel the exact same way as me.

Hi Moon,

I would be happy to actively contribute...if you need a tester let me know.

Btw, I'm getting an error running Mission Editor - I can't run Mission Editor at all. When I installed the game I had no problem running the editor. Few days later I can't run it anymore and I didn't make any changes to my computer and didn't install any games or applications:

Plugin MissionEditor.MissionEditorPlugin initialization error

Directx 9 can not be initiliazed. Please install the latest version of Directx 9.

Jaguar, have you tried installing the latest version of DirectX 9? Dated April 10 or later.

Billybob, last I checked the majority of posters on this forum does not feel the exact same way as you.

Martin

JG53_Jaguar,

for the ditor there are 3-4 different tread reporting it /Moon... maybe it can be a good idea to unify them).

Basically the strategy to fix it are:

- Upgrade to the last (very last: 10 april) version of Direct X 9;

- copy (copy, not move) a copy of files from the TOW folder to the Editor folder... At the moment I don't remember the files of these two names, you find them in one of the other posts.

Usually it work for most people.

***Luca

Jaguar, have you tried installing the latest version of DirectX 9? Dated April 10 or later.

Billybob, last I checked the majority of posters on this forum does not feel the exact same way as you.

Martin

Ok...

No, for sure, but you might get it patched to the satisfaction of the significant number of posters on this forum and many others who feel the exact same way as me.

I could go and do a tally on how many people are disatisfied and how many are satisfied, but a) I can't be arsed and B) I'm happy with my direct impressions, which perfectly indicate, to me, that the majority are not happy with what they've bought.

Billybob, I have spent a lot of time on the forum today, and there is a handful of people, perhaps 5-10, which usually keep one-upping themselves in their bashing of the game after hijacking a thread. You belong to this group. If that's your definition of significant, then no, the game will not be patched to the satisfaction of you and those other people.

Martin

Good news Moon !

I am happy with what i bought.

I was playing Supreme Commader and Warhammer Mark of Chaos, both point and click RTS, and now both are on stanby.ToW is monopolysing my playing time.

Maybe whith this patch i will be able to run the game with music enabled in my AMD rig eheh

I like classic music ( in low volume that is).

Billybob, I have spent a lot of time on the forum today, and there is a handful of people, perhaps 5-10, which usually keep one-upping themselves in their bashing of the game after hijacking a thread. You belong to this group. If that's your definition of significant, then no, the game will not be patched to the satisfaction of you and those other people.

Martin

"one upping themselves" and "bashing the game"? You mean when they respond to the contrary comments of the shills and fan-boys who reply with their own brands of abuse, digs, snide comments and provocations?

Like I've said elsewhere, those who support the game are guilty of nothing, while those who criticize it (unless they do so with very carefully crafted neutral terminology) are guilty of "ranting" and "one-upping" and "bashing".

We have our opinion, and we defend it. The others have their opinion and defend it too. Into that mix goes a fair amount of heated emotions and all the provocative banter that inevitably engenders.

So please don't tar the detractors with one brush while sugar-coating the supporters, because that simply isn't going to wash.

You can repeat this over and over and it's simply not going to get any more true. But if really the people who like the game keep attacking you all the time, then let me apologize for it. :D

Martin

There's no need to apologize for them, I have absolutely no problem myself with whatever they can throw at me, abusive or otherwise. Just please don't label me, or others, differently for defending our opinions and observations. smile.gif

Originally posted by BillyBob:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Moon:

You can repeat this over and over and it's simply not going to get any more true. But if really the people who like the game keep attacking you all the time, then let me apologize for it. :D

Martin

There's no need to apologize for them, I have absolutely no problem myself with whatever they can throw at me, abusive or otherwise. Just please don't label me, or others, differently for defending our opinions and observations. smile.gif </font>

Nope, but all the labels you have been given have been because you're defending your viewpoints on other peoples parties to which nobody invited you.

Martin

PS. I didn't really apologize. The :D was meant to give a hint.

[qb]

So please don't tar the detractors with one brush while sugar-coating the supporters, because that simply isn't going to wash.

I am not a native english speaker,sugar coating, does that means Battlefront is giving free candys to people who like the game.

I like chocolates Moon, send them my way. :Dtongue.gif

Nope, but all the labels you have been given have been because you're defending your viewpoints on other peoples parties to which nobody invited you.

Martin

PS. I didn't really apologize. The :D was meant to give a hint.

Sorry, you've lost me. What do you mean by "other people's parties"?

:confused:

Thread hijacking and ranting about the same problems over and over without any form of discussion taking place. I don't like the game either, but spamming the forums to the brim with the same message is not helping.

(on topic)

I think the message on the (first & second) patch is clear, I do hope that some internal discussion will take place on (at least) tweaking the LoS problem, not just making a tool that makes the current "spotting through trees & bushes" visible.

For all the banter, I was in PC world looking over some new toys when my attention was hocked by very loud voices, Was this customers moaning about TOW "no" you can’t buy it! What was this?

A group of people had got one salesperson and where giving all there got on vista, why can’t it do this what how long will I have to wait, you said it would do this????

BF haven’t got the people or blank check book like Microsoft, yet I can run and play TOW, but vista will have to wait I’m not buying that even if the shelves have being cleared of XP I waited 12 months for XP to work correctly, I downloaded TOW (3. hrs) clicked on the Icon and was playing at 20 to 30 FPS That can’t be bad,

Yes like many other people I’ve got issues with LOS ,tanks missing and other things, I’m just glad I didn’t buy a New system they’ve all got vista,

Now TOW and vista that’s something to moan about.

Thx for the info on patch Moon (martain) also looking forward to them surprises?? thx for the game Battlefront

Originally posted by Cornfleek:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by BillyBob:

Thread hijacking and ranting about the same problems over and over without any form of discussion taking place. I don't like the game either, but spamming the forums to the brim with the same message is not helping.

(on topic)

I think the message on the (first & second) patch is clear, I do hope that some internal discussion will take place on (at least) tweaking the LoS problem, not just making a tool that makes the current "spotting through trees & bushes" visible. </font>

Ladies and Gentleman, please remain calm and nobody will get hurt. BillyBob, the ToW terrorist, is attempting to Hijack yet another thread.. Please refrain from antagonizing the terrorist. It will only make matters worse...