I want a refund

huhr

Originally posted by Zulu:

Well I'm getting my monies worth. Geez, I paid $230 to see the Flames play ( they won) so that was $80/hr. A movie with munchies costs you $15 for 90 min ffs.

So far I may have put 20 hours in ToW so $3/hr is cheap entertainment.

The more I play, the more stuff I find and say, thats' pretty good.

Is ToW perfect? Nope. Was CM perfect out of the gate? Nope.

I expect (like SH3 and SH4) ToW to get better.

Zulu,

You, as always, are a man with a brain.

E

Well one thing is certain, I will NOT be pre-ordering Shock Force nor buying it after its demo. Im waiting for reviews first from 3rd parties. I never thought I would say that about a Battlefront Game. Eesh, this one should of stayed in the oven longer. Presentation is everything.

Oh well, live and learn, even name brand items mean little in todays market.

J

Originally posted by JThorn:

No, you would not get a money refund if you bought it at a store. Most stores only have a like for like replacement policy on defective software.

I'm getting sick of a few people here saying the game is broken. ToW isn't a defective game in anyway. People are playing(with lower pc specs than the complainers have) and enjoying the game with very little problems.

Yes you would, at least in my jurisdiction.

If people have problems running the game above minimum specs which they were led to believe were accurate, they have a legal right to a refund.

The fact that some people can play without problems is irrelevant. Those that can play the game as intended have no right to a refund even if they think it's crap. If you followed the development of the game you would know what to expect in gameplay, but you would not know the game wouldn't work on your PC.

Those that bought the game and have significant issues in performance should be able to get their money back.

[ April 29, 2007, 05:03 AM: Message edited by: Hoolaman ]

i knew this post would get a reply, i am wrong for buying a game before testing the demo. However, this was the one instance where I decided to disregard my own advice. Sometimes, Demos dont actually give you a clear picture but it probably would have on this game plus reading all these posts I wouldn't have purchased. My fault but I placed trust in Battlefront. I figured that if they place their name on a product that it would be good. Guess I was wrong and I will be a little bit more careful in the future, i'll await combat mission campaigns but then again I just might not buy based on this experience. From now on DON'T buy a game until its OUT at Least 6 Months

Quote: Zulu

Well I'm getting my monies worth. Geez, I paid $230 to see the Flames play ( they won) so that was $80/hr. A movie with munchies costs you $15 for 90 min ffs.

So far I may have put 20 hours in ToW so $3/hr is cheap entertainment.

The more I play, the more stuff I find and say, thats' pretty good.

Is ToW perfect? Nope. Was CM perfect out of the gate? Nope.

I expect (like SH3 and SH4) ToW to get better.

I feel this post is acurate and logical. If you considder how much you spend on entertainment and how long you're entertained by it. This game is a good investment.

Of course I like the game so I guess I would think it is a good investment. It's logical to assume it will be improved as well. Most decent games are after all.

I have purchased most of the games BFC have released over the years and havn't seen reason to "lose faith" yet. I will continue to support BFC as they are offering something that is rare. Excellent wargames that cannot be obtained elsewhere. I will preorder CM:SF also. Thank you BFC.