Has anyone had any luck downloading the game or am I waising my time?

msnyds1

I am having no problems. Was there suppose to be an email saying that TOW was ready for download, or did I miss it some how?

Anyway, it should finished downloading in another 4 hours. Just in time for me to head off on an over night trip.

Clicked on the link in my purchase confirmation email.

It took me to a page where I was asked for the serial number associated with the purchase.

The download only took twenty minutes.

Nothing beats a cable modem. ;)

I never received any sort of pre-order offer to download up the que, although I expect that my download speed was so fast because the pre-orders didn't have to compete with others for bandwidth.

PoE

My first attempt I didn't use a D/L manager. Was averaging about 140k/sec. Got to 1.2 GB then crapped out on me. Just stopped like it had the full file. THen when I tried to run setup.exe it told me it was corrupt and to get it again.

I d/lded GetRight and am on my 2nd attempt now, but only getting 44k/sec.

Oh well...maybe I'll have it running by 4/21. :(

@wolfseven

set your mcafee of in your services.

then download the game and start your services again.

go to desktop right click on my computer then manage go to services then again services there look for mcafee and stop all those which have mcafee.

hope this works for you

download started at 10.30pm british time,used the oringal mail at pre order date for link,

no issues, althougth this is the 1st time i've downloaded over 1GB, checked with my server to see if I might be cut off at 1GB the limit which I'm set at in 24hrs, "crap I Know "

Didn't get any help from them ,so started at 10.30 working on I should be at around 900mb at 12.00, finished at 2.00am speed was good for me 120kb, 5 yearold modemDSL broadband, played the game ran ok on max settings

Will now start altering the card settings to find limits

I see someone only took 20 or so mins what's you using, can't be in the uk.

Back to game that's what i got it for,going to be a gr8 weekend???

good hunting everyone

Downloading was no problem - the probelsm are all afterwards trying to play the game!

First it takes several minutes to load a basic training scenario.

The view system is far, far worse than combat mission. The interface is not good - nothing actually works as it is supposed to.

I just given up on the interface after spending a very frustrating 30 minutes trying to get some troops to crew a gun (despite being given apparently explicit instructions) - completely non-intuitive and no fun, as it soes not work.

What a disappointment!

Hi Martin

Thanks for your quick reply

Maybe I'm stupid - but I kept trying what you suggested again and again

I could not get the gun to unhitch, or do anything

And I could not get any troops to crew it - no matter what I did.

The load time I could live with if I enjoyed the game...

And why on earth did you not use the same viewing system as combat mission??

Because we didn't program this game, sandy.

Ah, you meant unhitch. Click on the gun or the vehicle and choose the command button showing a hook.

Once you did that, select a soldier and move the cursor over the gun. The cursor changes to a "door", meaning that when you now right click the soldier will man the gun.

Check out the Walkthrough thread. It links to a walkthrough of the first four tutorial missions on Tweaktown gamer.

Martin