Did I miss the memo? (email)

Mastiff

"You don't have to have an invitation to download the game. Click on the link in your purchase confirmation, and it will take you to the download. You DO have to have a legit serial number to download the game.--PoE"

I am downloading the game now--three hours to go! Strange, my demo never worked--I kept getting "this file is incomple. It may have corrupted..." message.

Come on download! Work you bugger!

Cheers!!! :cool:

Originally posted by Madmatt:

Well, according to Martin, he did email everyone that ordered but its more than likely that the message got caught up people's Spam filters.

I gotta teach that boy how to make his emails formatted so that doesn't happen so ofen. ;)

Madmatt

No, my spam didnt catch any Battlefront e-mail (I always check the spam folder). However, I managed to d/l the game thanks to the "net diggers". Thats pretty weird and not the thing I was waiting for.

I understand that things can be hard to manage but I hope for a better support in the future.

Good work!

[ April 20, 2007, 12:38 AM: Message edited by: Aries ]

Hi guys,

looks like something went FUBAR with the emails, then. Sorry about that :(

We're using an Email Manager program also for sending out press releases and the newsletter and the logs clearly show that the emails went out. Of course the people posting here still are a tiny amount compared to the emails than went out (a few thousand), but clearly something didn't work as it should. It's possible that the emails were blocked at the server level by something like spamcop I guess. That's always a problem when you send out a huge batch of emails. It happens everytime I send out the newsletter, which is one of the reasons why we don't send out newsletters often smile.gif

So, please accept my apologies, and we're goign to look into a different email service for the next release.

Martin

I never got one...all I did was go to the download screen, put in my license number and down the wires it came. I suspect that BFC figured the word would spread through the forums that the download was ready and a mass mailing was really not required.

Yes, Speedy, some people did get it, including Matt and myself as we've put ourselves on the list for testing purposes as we always do. The point is moot of course, because people found the active link and posted on the forum here before I even managed to send it smile.gif

Martin

Didn't get a mail either (those who post about not getting a mail might also be a minority of those who didn't get it). Luckily I checked the d/l link often enough. Must have been one of the first downloaders. At 1920L it wasn't open, at 1930 it was. Got speeds of 1-2MB/s, never experienced anything like this before.

Columbus, yes, spamcop most likely. We end up there regularly due to the sheer amount of emails going out sometimes. There are two forms of listings, one is temporary for an hour or so and the other is more difficult to get rid of. The volume of sending out stuff sometimes seems to trigger the temporary block which would explain why some people got it, and others didn't.

Seriously, email is getting so unreliable these days, I am wondering if we will be using it at all in a few years...

Martin