NO BRITISH ACCENTS!!!!!

theBrit

The first thing I did was load up the British Battle...looking forward to a good punch up with Jerry.

When to my horror whilst clicking on my Infantry............ "Surrrrr" "We have aaairrrrr support Surrrrr" :mad: :mad:

This has to be addressed!!!!

I mentioned this before already. This was due to the Allied Campaign being added very late in the deisgn of the game (after principal voice recordings were completed for all other nations). In the limited time they had, they were unable to contract enough usueable British voices so the voice sets had to be combined.

Madmatt

Originally posted by theBrit:

The first thing I did was load up the British Battle...looking forward to a good punch up with Jerry.

When to my horror whilst clicking on my Infantry............ "Surrrrr" "We have aaairrrrr support Surrrrr" :mad: :mad:

This has to be addressed!!!!

It all started when Pres. Roosvelt sold you 50 destroyers

Originally posted by Madmatt:

I mentioned this before already. This was due to the Allied Campaign being added very late in the deisgn of the game (after principal voice recordings were completed for all other nations). In the limited time they had, they were unable to contract enough usueable British voices so the voice sets had to be combined.

Madmatt

Hell...I would have done it for free. We already know I'll work for free. smile.gif

Madmatt

Not that I've read... this may be a joke to some but to me this totally ruins the immersion. In fact its unprofessional to even contemplate combining voices, did you think we'd not notice?

I thought BFC pride themselves on the finer details & realism. To allow this to slip through the net only bodes ill for other as yet unfound omissions.

I hope you are considering adding British accents in the future, or are we to be sidelined again in future patches?

Yours

TheBrit :mad:

Originally posted by theBrit:

Not that I've read... this may be a joke to some but to me this totally ruins the immersion. In fact its unprofessional to even contemplate combining voices, did you think we'd not notice?

I thought BFC pride themselves on the finer details & realism. To allow this to slip through the net only bodes ill for other as yet unfound omissions.

I hope you are considering adding British accents in the future, or are we to be sidelined again in future patches?

Yours

TheBrit :mad:

BFC is just the distributor with VERY limited control over content of the game. There really isnt much they could do about it.

Just pretend the mix of Yank/Brit voices are soldiers that are part a soldier exchange program.

MadMatt, you do realise that there is an army of fans out here that would jump at the chance to send you audio files in their native accents FOR FREE !!!

Damn, I would actually pay you to get my voice in the game.

How can you say you could not contract enough usable Brit voices.

Give us an email address and a list of phrases you want, and you will be inundated with CORRECT accented phrases all FREE OF COPYRIGHT.

He hee smile.gif ive got my name in the game (remember the competition), but 2 think that i might have an american accent is unbearable :mad: Still waiting for the game to download so dont know for sure :( , will post back when I find out. Ain't giving my name in the game away though! :rolleyes:

As a previous poster said, many British scumbags smile.gif on this forum would be willing to help you out with authentic sounding accents. I am willing to offer my services for free. Not bothered about money or credit pages.

Ok, one question..if you Brits use your voices in the game, will you be mad when I kill you in multiplayer? tongue.gif

I think it would be funny to hear yourself yelling at yourself all the time in a game.

I haven't heard the American voices in place of the British ones, but I have to *erk* at bit at this choice. I don't like when game designers just kinda wait until someone complains then do damage control.

I wish it was open from the start issues like this.

Getting people to volunteer voice samples is ALWAYS easy...getting people to volunteer GOOD voice samples...now thats tricky.

But if anyone (of any nation) wants to offer up their voices, and they have GOOD recording equipment, a good speaking voice, and can record in a environment that sounds natural (i.e. no echo!!!!), then sure, email me at Matt@battlefront.com and I can send you a full voice script. If the quality is good, then it could go into a future ToW patch.

Hell, if anyone can speak Arabic with a Syrian dialect wants to help with CMSF, you can volunteer for that as well!

Madmatt

My dearest Tommy`s, please don`t get too mad about the voice recording. For us krauts it`s not easy either.

Seems one guy dubbed the whole platoon. Yet I still haven`t figured out if he lowered his voice by himself or someone on a PC did? :)

Although I`m quite in the mood for some nice Oxfordian impressions within this game. Mixed with some roaring scottish Highlander samples on a mild flavoured Irish blend.

Getting people to volunteer voice samples is ALWAYS easy...getting people to volunteer GOOD voice samples...now thats tricky.

But if anyone (of any nation) wants to offer up their voices, and they have GOOD recording equipment, a good speaking voice, and can record in a environment that sounds natural (i.e. no echo!!!!), then sure, email me at Matt@battlefront.com and I can send you a full voice script. If the quality is good, then it could go into a future ToW patch.

Hell, if anyone can speak Arabic with a Syrian dialect wants to help with CMSF, you can volunteer for that as well!

Madmatt

I still cannot believe you guys let this go....so disappointed. :(