Demo Review

crazylegsmurphy

Originally posted by crazylegsmurphy:

This is a story?

I think instead I'll be so annoying that you all hate me, but maybe late at night when the Devs are laying in bed, they'll say, "Damn that Crazylegs, he's right!"

Then I'll show up here one day and everything'll be fixed, and I'll be like, "Sweet, best game ever!"

Its all about you?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the issues mentioned in some posts are legitimate. Even stuff mentioned by crazy in his review! :D I don’t like his tone and I think his here more to get some attention than to actually discuss the game but that doesn’t mean the things he pointed out are irrelevant.

What I think is the general feel for the game is this: This game could be so good! It’s almost good, it’s almost great, it’s almost what I wanted it to be… but…

Is it crap then? No, of course not, you see there is potential here…. Well now, a kid has got potential, a 40 year old is what he is, period.

I don’t know what it is that makes the gameplay feel so good in some games and others just don’t happen. Then again this could be a personal issue, and of course it is my personal oppinion.

Anyway this is probably also premature since I didn’t play the game just the demo so far. Maybe a patch that addresses a few issues will make the magic happen, who knows.

Crazy got it totally wrong when he says that BF asks the same price as the “big boys” for their products but expect us to be condescending because they are small and really nice people.

What happens is that the only companies releasing realistic wargames are small companies. Wargamers are used to put up with crap graphics as long as the game is realistic and immersive. When they see games like CM and TOW and CM:SF they say WOW, look at the graphics! Not because they are better than most games currently on the market but because wargames don’t usually have that kind of graphics, that’s all.

But I think Martin made this point very clear in his post and Crazy seems clever enough to have got it so I figure he just likes attention and to be confrontational achieves his goal. So much so that here am I adding fuel to the fire. 

don’t like his tone and I think his here more to get some attention than to actually discuss the game but that doesn’t mean the things he pointed out are irrelevant.
;)

Love me or hate me, my post is like 6 pages long and people are talking. I think that sometimes, as much as no one wants to admit it, they like that one jerkstore who keeps things going.

I could have sugar coated my thoughts, but then I feel they would have been lost in a sea of posts. I'm not here to bash the game because I am bored. I am here because sometimes there needs to be a person who takes the side of the unpopular person just so things are said that would never be said.

I am ALT TABBING out of the game as we speak, looking at it with a fine toothed comb, and coming here taking in what others are saying and then putting in my thoughts.

I may not be right on everything I say, but I think I raise some legit points and when the dust settles, and everyone is done taking their shots at me, all this will be documented and hopefully a great resource for future modders and patchers.

And then again, maybe I'll get banned and this topic locked, and deleted, and maybe I'll just have to kick your arses on the battlefield! tongue.gif