eLicense Question

sixb0nes

Hello,

I can't believe ToW is almost here! I'm so pumped! Woohoo!

I have a quick question about the eLicense system that is used in this and other Battlefront titles. I presume part of the protection is a service that is active as a process, and is triggered when running the game. My question is whether we can "unload" the services when not intending to play the game? Is it as simple as killing a process? I didn't see anything about this in the FAQ but I'd like to know if it's possible.

Cheers!

I understood that after installation and first starting this installation you are activating your game with a e-license key. This changes something in the installation on your HD and you can play this activiated installation (the not activated one is not able to bring you somewhere else than some kind of activation screen).

You can activate your copy of the game on 2 computers. When you decide to scrap one of the two computers you can unlicense this installation and you have than the second activation free on your new computer. So, always 2 installations can be active and playable - but you can have the game installed on as many computers as you want..... playing is just limited to 2 computers at a time.

The activation is not triggered all the time you start a game - only after installation!!

Uwe

Thanks Uwe.

Logically speaking, the protection would have to run each time the game is invoked. The difference is that it's now checking against your local machine vs. going out to the net to get the license data again, each time.

So, my question remains, is there a "resident" program that is always running (e.g., a windows service) and if so, can we terminate this while not running the game?

I like to run a tight ship with as few extraneous processes as possible, but it's not a big deal if this isn't doable.

Thanks guys.

Originally posted by Moon:

eLicense installs a windows service called eLicense Control Center. It is running each time you start windows. You can completely uninstall it, yes. I believe it's described in the FAQ how to do this under:

http://www.battlefront.com/elicense_faq.html

However, if you do, none of the eLicense protected games will work.

Martin

Does the eLicense Control Center take up much system memory? Thanks,

Filippo