Wishlist for an Addon

Markus86

Hi,

Fil, a member of the russian development team, opened some time ago a thread in the russian forum: "Wishlist for an Addon".

I thought we could collect some ideas too, over here.

It would also be a possibility for Battlefront/1C to see what the community would like to see in the game.

1. Enterable buildings / City fights / House to house fighting

2. More equipment (flamethrowers, mines, magnetic anti tank explosives, ...)

Hi smile.gif

Also Fil wrote:

"I'm asking you - no requests for:

- direct control

- enterable buildings

- new engine

We can't make these in Addon because of time limit and huge amount of work.

I'm relying on your understanding. "

This is my vote;

1. enterable buildings (if not in the addon do add them in TOW2...)

2. foxholes, heavy machineguns and light mortars

3. mapcreator (i.e. not an editor which i've read is on it's way, but a mapcreator with the possibility of editing the topology/terrain itself)

regards/

sdp

Expanded options for aviation. I realize this is not Il-2, but I think it would be nice to be able to schedule fighter patrols in the mission editor, rather than just having them come in from nowhere when airstrikes are called. It would also be cool to have planes deploy paratroopers, and perhaps even drop off supplies under certain conditions.

[ April 12, 2007, 05:17 AM: Message edited by: Avwriter ]

Also Fil wrote:

"I'm asking you - no requests for:

- direct control

- enterable buildings

- new engine

We can't make these in Addon because of time limit and huge amount of work.

I'm relying on your understanding. "

I can't believe it really. What do they think people pay for ???. Does he think people pays money for free??? LOL that's the last thing I would expect to hear from a "company" trying to sell their products.... :eek:

If the game has a lack of these thinks it would be incomplete, funny for a few days, but back to CM in a couple of weeks I think.

There is no worse thing than leaving it half done .. mmmm, lack of units, lack of basic features in a game like this .... I'm sorry BF, but it is not nice at all.

People who like this kind of WW2 based games ask for something else than instant action and amazing special effects, you only have to see the success of CM saga, and that's for a reason that Bf should know already, but if TOW is gonna have all this lacks it seems they don't know them yet, big mistake. For other things, we already have Quake, Warcraft, or Age of Empires ... :mad:

I'm really starting to think I performed my preorder way too fast .... :(

[ April 12, 2007, 05:41 AM: Message edited by: KeBrAnTo ]

Originally posted by Avwriter:

It would also be cool to have planes deploy paratroopers, and perhaps even drop off supplies under certain conditions.

NO! NO! NO! That just didn't happen in a tactical battle. AS such, I'd lament any time wasted on it rather then any other features.

I'd go for mortars and such. And yes, the Flak 88 too.

Important issues for me would be:

1. Use of craters, foxholes, trees etc. for cover and concealment

2. On-map mortars

3. Use of smoke shells and smoke screens

4. A VCR function - Pause the game, jump back in time e.g. 1min and watch the action from different angles until you come to your pause again and keep playing from there on

5. Leave the remnants of trees etc. on the battlefield after they where knocked down (see no. 1 in my list)

Missing equipment (88s) is not such a big issue for me, because availability of such equipment was limited anyways (not that the German lines 1940 in France were cluttered with 88s).

Needless to say that the biggest point would be the entering of buildings..... but after 1C and Battlefront stated that it would not be added in a patch or add-on (maybe in a ToW2), I do not include it in my wishlist.

Uwe

Hey guys to be frank, most of what you ask for seems like patch material not an addon. I'd go with a minimum of

Pacific Theater

Russo-Finnish War

Africa through to Italy

Also long campaigns for minor nations. I know the community will be able to provide these but id still like them all the same.

Thats my 2 cents

- African campain smile.gif

- 88mm flak

- entering buildings

- on map motars

- StuGs or are assaultguns allready in the game (Sturmgeschütz III und IV)

- more weapons (inf., tanks, art., ets.)

- much mor weapons smile.gif

- even more weapons :D

- new different maps (northafric, norway, balkans, italy, etc )

- hard (not cutable by tanks only be arty) trees

Since I haven`t found anything about the campaigns and missions I`m not sure, how the campaign system works in the game. But I guess it`s just a few missions linked together.

So, for my wishlist this would be the main topic: A real linked campaign throughout the war, or at least that you can push the enemy to the edge of the map (or be pushed) and then continuing the new map at this point (as in the Combat Mission Operations or the Close Combat Series Maps). As far as it concerns me I would say that this is most important, if you have a Role-Playing Game skill system. Why should I pay attention to my troops skills, if a campaign only consists of 5 missions? (for example)

The next thing would be a Quick Mission Generator for replayability or a randomly created campaign. It`s much more important for me that the maps change each time I start again than well-modelled maps with a detailed landscape/ urban areas.

Ah, and dense forests, of course. Nothing is more frightening than a dense forest with only one path leading through it. :)

Kind of early to tell - not having the game in hand yet. Will come back later. all of the above sounds good.

The expansion that I would like to see would remain in europe (yes I want pacific too but lets wait until europe is done.) I would like it to be called "Stalingrad To Berlin" with a focus on the street fighting that occoured. So we would need lots more building and city sections. Blown bridges, barricades, volkstrum, fire, smoke, rubble, Also I would like the mission editor to be able to use all maps and objects with placeable building- trenches and the like.

How about a grand strategy element: moving large formations around on a map in turn based fashion (maybe simultaneous execution) and then jumping into the action in rts mode when formations meet, with an enphasis on supply.

That would float my boat! but as most people have said here: as many extra pieces of equipment as possible such as flak 88, on map mortar, mines during deployment foxholes dense forest all good... i'd like to enter buildings too but that may be asking too much of the devs!

I'm sure BF an IC will listen to peoples suggestions in threads like this... I wouldn't be surprised to find flak 88's in an early patch release.

just my 2 (or is that 4)cents

As posted before:

- Use of craters, foxholes, trees etc. for cover and concealment

- Use of smoke shells and smoke screens

- Leave the remnants of trees etc. on the battlefield after they where knocked down

- The ability to deploy mines in the Deployment Phase

And the most importante a strategic map!

(...) a grand strategy element: moving large formations around on a map in turn based fashion (maybe simultaneous execution) and then jumping into the action in rts mode when formations meet, with an enphasis on supply (...) by ironpants

That would be great, but If nothing else "(...)A real linked campaign throughout the war, or at least that you can push the enemy to the edge of the map (or be pushed) and then continuing the new map at this point (as in the Combat Mission Operations or the Close Combat Series Maps). As far as it concerns me I would say that this is most important, if you have a Role-Playing Game skill system. Why should I pay attention to my troops skills, if a campaign only consists of 5 missions? (...)" by Delavega.

But even a board as simple as chekears would be a nice addition.

PS: Personaly i don´t understand this hype around the 88. So please Devs give them the 88 so we can all give it a rest.

Any kind of Skirmish mode would be nice.

On game mortars would be cool.

For the campaign, i would go for north africa, Crete and Italy.

And i would like to see Greece in a ww2 game.

The Greeks have shown valor, first against the italians, and after against the germans.

But overall i think the italians give more choice to axis forces.

Some early war scenarioes or campaigns would be nice, I for one would love the chance to change the course of the war by holding the germans out of denmark/norway or atleast try to smile.gif

I have till to run across a non-hex based game that depicts the invasion of poland and france, would also be nice to re-enact the german invasion of that island down by crete, can't remember what its named right now.