Official Trailer at YouTube

Moon

Sorry moon i was not impressed and certainly would not make me go "OOOOoooOOOooooo i really gota get that game !!" Your game fotage speaks volumes, why hide it behind a cheesy sid miers style bit of FMV. I still look forward to the game with much anticipation, ill try forget the movie.

Sorry..

Steve

Everibody is a critic this days eheh

I liked the movie.

Not fancy but does the trick, just the way i like it.

I am new to this forum, is people around here always so demoralizing. I was depressed after reading the comments in this tread, after watching the movie i think it was good.

If people want top notch cinematics, should look for games like CoH and quit wargames.

Its a nice trailer, better to have realism in the game not in the video.

Your comments make me feel old and i am only 28.

I saw it for the first time just now and I think it has some kind of atmosphere.

What bothers me ... again ... are the used sounds. Why did they only use 3 sound effects?

The firing tanks, the explosions, the barrages, all the same. And then, at the end, the Panther breaches through the wall exactly with the same sound of the firing bazooka? Hm, seems the sound guy didn`t have fun with his work.

And where are the Stuka screams?

Nice intro from the graphics and atmosphere (for me). But, sorry to say, I think a sound patch is badly needed.

Miguel, I think the critics come up with the expectations and the long years of waiting. As I said in the other post, I pre-ordered it and I`m quite sure that many of the people here in the forum want to get it as well.

In so far the years of anticipation made everyone believe they will get a close to perfect game when it is released. So, it`s quite hard to realize that it`s not what you expected in some points after these years of development.

For me this intro movie was new and, except the sound, I like it, too. But for the persons who knew it already, it`s not fresh anymore and that point I can understand, has the look of an old furniture.

I think, many here will buy it, no matter what. It`s just the relation of anticipation, expectations and "what was done" in these years.

Originally posted by MikoyanPT:

Everibody is a critic this days eheh

I liked the movie.

If I can take a moment to defend myself and the forum...

The forum is here to criticise as well as praise. I am sure the Dev's appreciate both in moderation. I for sure dont want to see a fluffy, happy forum...where love reigns supreme. ;)

I was depressed after reading the comments in this tread
lol you need to toughen up friend... ;)

If people want top notch cinematics, should look for games like CoH and quit wargames.

Its a nice trailer, better to have realism in the game not in the video.

Why not a new trailer for a new game? Its what BF are pushing, its not Wartime Command they say, its not even WW2: Real Time Strategy. So why the old trailer?

As DeLaVega says alot of us have been waiting for this game for 5 years, the Trailer is well old hat so to speak, and if I may....dated! smile.gif

1C started out way too ambitious with this title. As a result hey seem to have dropped a lot of features in the proces. This is good news because that means that there's a lot on the shelf for future expansions or sequals. I'm pleased this is going to happen in cooperation with Battlefront. The engine is old though and future releases may have a different one which would make it possible to have dynamic terrain, tactical smoke and entering buildings.

Now just let us give these guys our cash and provide them with the means to make all this happen.

This game is still very promessing to me and I can't wait to get my hands on it. Or to start wearing that black poloshirt with the battlefrontlogo at the back and the ToW logo on the breastpocket. (Size M for me please).

I think people need to realize the expense of creating a cinematic animation before they judge this video. This is not a huge publisher like THQ who can afford big bucks to have a Hollywood Visual Effects and Animation Studio like "Blur" do their Intro Animations for them. I thought the video was quite decent considering the size of the developer and publisher. Remember that Battlefront provides wargames that fill a niche market and not games for the mainstream.

Well done BF and 1C...

My 2 Cents worth..

I wasn't impressed. I would rather have seen some actual gameplay footage used. Also it seems silly to have so much city featured in the trailer when it "appears" that most of the game takes place in the countryside.

music was annoying and vague. it wasn't exciting or suspenseful. The intro was good. I agree with Canuck, why make the beginning part of the intro in a city setting, kind of misleading. This game was supposed to be countryside fighting, not urban. The first minute of the intro needed to be cut. I still think it will be a great game.

Originally posted by Vern_S:

I thought the video was quite decent considering the size of the developer and publisher. Remember that Battlefront provides wargames that fill a niche market and not games for the mainstream.

Well done BF and 1C...

My 2 Cents worth.. [/QB]

I agree fully. The trailer put me in the mood and that's its main function. A few days ago I bought a used copy of "Dawn of War: Dark Crusade". Nice graphics, very good cinematics (but worse than the original dawn of war imho) and funny cartoonish battles. It's a nice and relaxing alternative to hardcore wargaming, like watching TV instead of reading a poem. That said, I don't want ToW to compete with Dark Crusade in terms of graphics and cinematics, but in terms of realism and depth. In a certain way it's like comparing (for those who play FPS) Day of Defeat and Red Orchestra. The first has the graphics and is fun to play, but the second has the "feeling".

I don't want a game that plays like a war movie, I want a game that makes me feel in war.

Filippo

Heheh, the video did its job, it got lots of people talking about the game. :D

As to awesome FMV movies, I gotta say that the original Warhammer: Dawn of War's was incredible! Watching that Space Marine run up that hill to plant his chapters flag gives me chills every time I watch it.

Madmatt