Heeeeeelp CMBB doesn`t install correctly !!!!!!!!

Stickel

Originally posted by Madmatt:

Three people have now reported this issue to me either here or in email, but I need to get some data clarified.

Which version are these CMBB CD's?

Mac or PC and BFC or CDV? I think since its a WinRar installer your all on the PC version.

I also need detailed specs on the systems you are installing from including CD type and manufactorer.

Also, have any of you tried to install on a different computer and is it still failing there as well?

If CDV versions, which language are they in?

Also, if these are CDV versions then you will also need to contact their Tech/Customer Support for help although I will continue to work with you to get the issue resolved.

Madmatt

Matt:

CD is for Windows - PC

Win98 Se

60GB HD

PIII 1,000

CD: Acer DVP 1640A - 16xDVD 40x CD-Rom

MB: DFI TA 64B - Chipset escapes me.

3d Card GF2 GTS Pro 32mb

512 RAM Swapfile size set by windows.

Have no other PC to try it on, sorry. My pics are above in the thread (error and installer gif.) Anything else?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three people have now reported this issue to me either here or in email, but I need to get some data clarified.

Mac or PC and BFC or CDV? I think since its a WinRar installer your all on the PC version.

I also need detailed specs on the systems you are installing from including CD type and manufactorer.

Also, have any of you tried to install on a different computer and is it still failing there as well?

Also, if these are CDV versions then you will also need to contact their Tech/Customer Support for help although I will continue to work with you to get the issue resolved.

Madmatt

Hi Madmatt !

The CMBB- Version is the CDV one (german version).

System: PC, Athlon 1200, WIN ´98, Geforce II, Direct X 8,0

After repeating the setup several times (6 x ),

it worked with some problems ( always a dark yellow PAK 37, bailed tank crew changes into normal crew ( both, russian and german )and several other bugs.

I will contact CDV, too !

Thank you

Hi,

Yes I'm using the retail PC version (english).

Here's the specs.

Win2000

Intel P4 2.2

Intel d8453bg2 (lan/audio) motherboard

256mb ram

Kenwood 52x IDE cd/rom

WD 60gb ata100 Hard Drive

Sony 8x/4x/32x cd-burner

GeForce4 mx440 64mb

I tried just to copy the file off it on my NT box and at the same spot error: (cyclic redundancy check)

I'll try it in the cd-burner too....nope same thing.

[ September 22, 2002, 06:32 PM: Message edited by: roby ]

US/BFC Windows version.

I installed on a number of different systens:

1) Windows 95c with Adaptec SCSI Controller with

1a) Teac CD-532S

1b) Plextor CD-ROM PX-4XH

2) Notebook with internal IDE connector to TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-C2302

3) FreeBSD system used to read the raw image file from a YAMAHA CRW2260 1.0g CD-Writer and then using rar on the file inside this CDROM image on disk.

In all three cases I can read almost all of the files just fine but the last ones, as indicated above. The exact byte count of the FreeBSD image file is 676593664

The CD works fine as for the CD-Check, so I can run the game just fine since I got the scenarios mailed.

If we could arrange to make sure I get the few missing sounds files and whatever might be stored between sound and scenarios I would be all set and could live without a replacement CD.

Hi Madmatt !

Maybe you can write me the Bmp- filenumbers of the grey PAK 37 ( which is already darkyellow ) and the IG 1918 ( which got after 1943 grey wheels in my version ! ), so i can control if they have been transmitted.

Maybe it is also possible, to download the missing files, in the future ?

Thank you !

Actually, if you were missing any sounds or bmps the game would crash IIRC. I think the Pak 37 always being yellow is a bug that is going to be fixed in the forthcoming v1.01 but I am not 100% sure.

Let me emphasise that for European customers that got the game through retail or CDV's website they will need to get tech support from them and not here. I will still *try* and help but CDV should be your primary resource for support since they are responsible for the European PC versions and their giving technical support to their own customers is part of the deal we have with them.

Madmatt

[ September 23, 2002, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]

I can't tell you how disappointed I am that the game won't install. I surely hope the fix is simple and very quickly determined.

I'm using a PC with the BFC version of the game. The problem occurs on a Pentium 4 1.8g system with 512kb RAM running WinXP Home.

The game fails to install on TWO installed CDroms, one a 24x Creative CDRW and one a Sanyo 52x CDrom.

I don't know if this is part of the problem or not, as I seem to have the same install problem the others are having. The disc I have has a tiny deformity on the very outer edge of the underside of the disc. It looks like a tiny drop of water, and clearly overlaps the very outer rings of data.

I have 5,847 files in the bmp folder

I have 2,138 files in the wav folder

I have no scenario folder

So where does that leave me Matt? How many files *should* I be seeing? The game does seem to work. There are no battle or operation scenarios, but the mission editor works.

(If someone could send me the scenarios, I'd appreciate it)

Madmatt

[ September 23, 2002, 03:11 PM: Message edited by: Michael Bay ]

Actually, if you were missing any sounds or bmps the game would crash IIRC.Madmatt

In the CMBB demo i created a pak texture and named it wrong, game didnt crashed, it showed just white "textures" for the missing textures ... .

What means IIRC ;) ?

Guys please do me a favor and tell me how many files are in your BMP folder and also you WAV folder. I am trying to determine if when this error occurs all the textures and sounds are being installed or not.

Thanks!

Madmatt

i have 5833 in my BMP file folder.

I notified that im missing ingame the "ice" texture and the "backbank" from the sdkfz7 ... rest works fine smile.gif

Only by the bmp unpacking i got an error, the wavs were unpacked without any problems ... .

Greetings

Jean-Pierre

O gosh, I hope this does not happen to me when I get home...

But, I have a possible solution.

The kind of errors being reported here sometimes happen when you have different versions of WinRAR installed on your computer, or another app that supports it, like WinACE.

I have solved this problem in the past by removing these programs from my system, and then reinstalling the newest version I have.

Also, for those American version owners, the advice to copy the RAR file to your HD before processing it is a good one.

[ September 23, 2002, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: Wilhammer ]

Originally posted by JPSeiler:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Madmatt:

Actually, if you were missing any sounds or bmps the game would crash IIRC.Madmatt

In the CMBB demo i created a pak texture and named it wrong, game didnt crashed, it showed just white "textures" for the missing textures ... .

What means IIRC ;) ?

Guys please do me a favor and tell me how many files are in your BMP folder and also you WAV folder. I am trying to determine if when this error occurs all the textures and sounds are being installed or not.

Thanks!

Madmatt

i have 5833 in my BMP file folder.

I notified that im missing ingame the "ice" texture and the "backbank" from the sdkfz7 ... rest works fine smile.gif

Only by the bmp unpacking i got an error, the wavs were unpacked without any problems ... .

Greetings

Jean-Pierre</font>

Desktop machine after several tries on the two different drives as listed above:

Sounds: 2183

BMPs: 5847

Laptop with DVD drive after one install attempt:

Sounds: 2109

BMPs: 5847

Scenarios missing.

I can rule out the theory of having RaR installed, there was no rar on any of my machines before I installed it to debug this stuff, especially not on the FreeBSD box smile.gif

[ September 23, 2002, 05:33 PM: Message edited by: redwolf ]

Another US Non installer checking in.

CRC Error, no file indicated which one.

Games plays, but no scenarios.

I have tried cleaning the CD to no avail.

> Which version are these CMBB CD's?

US PC CMBB

> Mac or PC

PC

> I also need detailed specs on the systems you

> are installing from including CD type and

> manufactorer.

Windows 2000 Professional

Asus P4 1.4 ghz

512 megs memory

7 gigs free space on target IBM NTFS c:\ drive.

Reading from a TEAC CD-532E, using driver version 5.0.2183.1 from M$.

> Also, have any of you tried to install on a

no.

5847 files in .../BMP

2158 files in .../Wav

[ September 23, 2002, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: 86smopuim ]

I am getting the exact same install error as CJMello. I have the BFC/US Windows version of CMBB. I've cleaned the disc 3 times now, and used a cleaner disc on the CD-ROM Drive. I haven't noticed any obvious defects or scratched on the CMBB CD'd surface. I've tried to copy the installer file (CMBB Installer.exe) to my hard disk, but this also fails very close to the end of the copy process, with a data read error..

Each attempt to install, the install proceeds normally until almost the end, then I see the following in the installer window.

Extracting Wav\00092201.wav

Read error

Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

Here the install seems to stop permanently.

My System:

Windows XP (with recent Service Pack)

Pentium 4 1.7 ghz

Asus P4T Motherboard

512 Megs RD-RAM

IBM 60 GB Harddisk

Lite-On 1201B 32x CDROM Reader/Burner

Visiontech GeForce 3 Display Adapter

Hercules Game Theatre Sound Card

Interestingly, Power Archiver (a program that can read RAR files) can see and very slowly extract files 00092201.wav through 00092205.wav, but nothing else appears to be in the archive (CMBB Installer.exe) to the Power Archiver program after that point.

After the failed install I have:

No Scenario folder

5847 files in BMP folder

2193 files in WAV folder

I ordered two copies . I recieved the same error as most others (ie. no scenarios). I tried copying the installer direct to my hardrive and had the copy fail right near the end. Tried installing the second copy, installed with no problem, on two machines. First copy would not install on second machine. Looks like your system is not the problem, (some) of the disks are bad.....

Madmatt

I get this message near end of wave installation .."Read error

Incorrect function"... I can play a Quick mission but no senerios or battles are present in any folder. It seems that the messages announcing the programs failure are different but the outcome the same ..no senerios or battles and not in add/remove ... If I bought it in a store i could exchange it..this is a real let down ive been waiting as have many for over a year for this game to be released.....

I have a Pent 4/ nividia 4 card /SB Live /512 mem

Fixed it by making a copy of the CD on my other

computer.....thanks BTS for trusting us and not

loading us down with safedisc, or manuals on

PDF files unlike a certain company whose name

starts with an M.

But you MUST fix this problem ASAP, and FIRE your

CD dupe house, and destroy all stocks you have now,

and start fresh with a new house to fix this critical issue. This is the kind of issue that

can destroy consumer confidence.....