The Stage is set!

Moon

theBrit - when you pre-order you automatically get the Download&Mail option (there is no other choice). That costs $55, but by pre-ordering it will only be $45 (plus shipping for the mail part). So you save $10.

Avwriter -

1. Yes. And you can un-install (and un-license) and re-install (and re-license) as often as you like, too.

2. Saddle stiched.

Martin

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

theBrit - when you pre-order you automatically get the Download&Mail option (there is no other choice). That costs $55, but by pre-ordering it will only be $45 (plus shipping for the mail part). So you save $10.
Arrrrhhhhhh I see, I wasn't aware of that! No matter I am sure the manual and back up CD will come in handy.

Thanks for clearing that up. ;)

This digital download thing is great and a bit disappointing. Remember the fun we had when CMBB was first released? Watching the posts as it arrived first in the Northeast, then the Midwest and the West Coast and then a few days later I finally received it. Watching the posts of how people would come home from work and find CMBB waiting for them and then going home and not finding CMBB waiting for me. That anticipation was awesome. Now, instant gratification for Theatre of War and CMSF. Oh well.

Maybe just for old times sake I will download via dialup.

smile.gif

bobo (ready to preorder)

Question about the digital d\l since I have never done it before: I assume it's simply a large .exe that can be burnt to a DVD? I'm on peasant-high-speed right now ($14/mth - couldn't justify the $50/mth option - to myself or my wife ;) - as I don't play online games) so I'd probably have a friend d/l and burn it for me. Will this be an issue in any way?

Originally posted by Peterk:

Can we have another night of the refreshing monkeys party?

That is a certainty. Might not be as bad as the one will be for CMSF download/release day.

So Moon is it 12:00am on April 19 for the digital download? Which timezone?

bobo

Originally posted by aleader:

Question about the digital d\l since I have never done it before: I assume it's simply a large .exe that can be burnt to a DVD? I'm on peasant-high-speed right now ($14/mth - couldn't justify the $50/mth option - to myself or my wife ;) - as I don't play online games) so I'd probably have a friend d/l and burn it for me. Will this be an issue in any way?

Hi! Yes, you can do that. There is no restriction to make copies of the file(s) that you download. That's another benefit of using an online activation system and not a copy protection.

The download will be either one large file or maybe a multi-part file. We're exploring the latter option right now due to the sheer size of this pig. 2GB is stretching it even for people with fast connections.

Martin

Congratulations are in order to 1c company and Battlefront.com

It looks like TOW has everithing to became a classic to hardcore strategy games all around the world.

And looks beautifful, it will be like playing Elder Scrolls Oblivion with platoons of T34 and a full set of correct rules of engagement like Combat Mission.

RRROOOAAAAARRR

Let the games begin. ;)

Yeah, there is nothing I can do about it though as I can't withdraw the press releases that went out. But if your quote is correct then that french site actually didn't read the announcement well anyway. There is no rebate if you download. The mail version and the download version cost exactly the same thing.

Anyway, when the pre-order page opens it will be clear how much it costs, since there will only be one option and one price smile.gif

Martin