It's confirmed... Mission Editor!

Moon

</P>

<H3>Press information for immediate release

13 March 2007</H3>

<H1>Theatre of War

Mission Editor announced</H1>

1C and Battlefront.com are excited to confirm the spreading rumors about the inclusion of a powerful Mission Editor in the release version of Theatre of War, their soon to be released WW2 real-time tactical game! This new Mission Editor will allow players to create their own missions (both single player and multiplayer for up to 8 players) and even campaigns (!) using any of the available huge 30+ battlefield maps.</P>

Theatre of War - MISSION EDITOR FEATURES</P>

<UL>

<LI>Create new battlefields using portions of any of the 30+ huge battlemaps available in the game</LI>

<LI>Put together task forces using any of the hundreds of units available</LI>

<LI>Set your own weather and lighting effects, from a sunny summer day to an overcast winter afternoon in the snow, including sound effects</LI>

<LI>Create single player missions and multiplayer missions for up to 8 players</LI>

<LI>Create new linked missions and campaigns just like those included in the game</LI>

TOW_MissionEditor-1.jpg</P>

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by theBrit:

Things just get better and better..... smile.gif

All we now are regular *FREE* terrain map packs and we'll have the complete product.

(More village and town maps) ;)

I'd say this game is much more complete than 95% of any other so called strategy game these days.

Great work guys.

This is GOOD news indeed! My interest in this game just bumped from 7 to 9!

A full map editor would bump it all the way to 10 smile.gif As there are people making maps for IL2 I guess that it should be "doable"? Maybe importing some IL2 maps with a nifty tool? Mmm... Sweeet! Still, I guess the 30+ maps will give us enough to play with for quite a while!

/Mazex

Originally posted by Markus86:

But how complicated will the editor be Moon?

Placing units on a map doesn't mean that it will be a good and interesting mission.

There is a register "trigger" so are the mission scripts difficult to write?

That should absolutely be the question on everybody's mind. I don't think its like Combat Mission or squad assault where you plop units on a map and let the AI take over.

I suspect each entity needs to have its path plotted and its triggers set for reactions. As long as I don't have to get too involved with SQL and Access (like some other games) it should be alright. Learning to start with a one entity battle and build from there. (I know I'm jumping the gun here ;)

[ March 13, 2007, 05:43 PM: Message edited by: Nikki Mond ]

Awesome news!

I'm sure many people don't think a mission editor will make things that much more interesting but coming from the Close Combat series, this just isn't true. Using just a few maps, the players on that board were able to create entirely different games every time by simply adjusting the setup zones.

I'm completely okay with what's being put into this game. In fact, I'm hoping "smoke" will be the next element added into any future modules. The full map editor can wait as far as I'm concerned.