Official System Requirements

Markus86

Hi there

I'm going to upgrade my PC soon with a 7900GS graphics card and additional 1 GB of RAM. The rest is Pentium 4 3.2 Ghz on a quite good Gigabyte mobo. So ToW should run nice.

Apart from that I was thinking of playing it on my laptop, can be with low detail settings. I've got an ASUS laptop with Intek 1.66 Ghz Core2Duo, 1 GB RAM and Nvidia Go 7300 with 512 MB of its own memory.

Will ToW be playable on this laptop?

Regards

Maciej

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My system almost measures up to all of the system requirements ... will this work well:

WinXP

GeForce 6800

2Gb RAM

AMD Athlon 64 Processor 4000+

*** this is a

2.4Ghz processor, not the 2.6Ghz minimum

If playable, how low will I have to go on resolution? (I can play the following at 1600x1200: Oblivion, GalCivII, Making-History)

Ah, that's a tougher one. Not an AMD man myself, so I am not up to scratch on their performance. But IIRC the AMD clock speeds are lower then their actual performance would lead you to believe so you should be fine. These days clockspeeds don't tell you very much anyway, my E6600 runs at 2.4Ghz!

At a guess I think 1280x1024 shouldn't be a problem. Higher then that and you may need to dial stuff down but not by much if at all, I reckon.

Allow me to make this disclaimer: I'm no computer genius or something, I do my best so I may be wrong with my guesstimates. So you guys should TRY THE DEMO TO MAKE SURE IT RUNS ON YOUR PC.

There, now, if something happens don't blame me, you have been warned. ;)

Originally posted by Mars:

My system almost measures up to all of the system requirements ... will this work well:

WinXP

GeForce 6800

2Gb RAM

AMD Athlon 64 Processor 4000+

*** this is a

2.4Ghz processor, not the 2.6Ghz minimum

If playable, how low will I have to go on resolution? (I can play the following at 1600x1200: Oblivion, GalCivII, Making-History)

The minimum requirements are always refering to a intel PIV.

AMD processors, laptop processors and the new intel core 2 duo cant be mesured by clock speed alone. If it was, the new Intel core 2 would be a piece of crap, the cheapest have only 1, 86 ghz of clock speed, and they are better in most benchmarks than a PIV of 3,6ghz.

The AMd 4000 you have has 2,4 ghz clock speed, and acording to AMD has roughly the performance of a PIV of 4,0ghz :D

It means you have much more processor power than needed to play ToW at maximum settings.

The price you payed for that processor should give you a hint to the performance it has, when i bought my amd 3500 with 2,2ghz, the 4000 was pricy as hell.

[ April 05, 2007, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: MikoyanPT ]

Originally posted by Elmar Bijlsma:

Ah, that's a tougher one. Not an AMD man myself, so I am not up to scratch on their performance. But IIRC the AMD clock speeds are lower then their actual performance would lead you to believe so you should be fine. These days clockspeeds don't tell you very much anyway, my E6600 runs at 2.4Ghz!

At a guess I think 1280x1024 shouldn't be a problem. Higher then that and you may need to dial stuff down but not by much if at all, I reckon.

Allow me to make this disclaimer: I'm no computer genius or something, I do my best so I may be wrong with my guesstimates. So you guys should TRY THE DEMO TO MAKE SURE IT RUNS ON YOUR PC.

There, now, if something happens don't blame me, you have been warned. ;)

I run oblivion, battlefield 2142, Supreme Commander, Medieval Total war II, Call of Duty II just fine in my two years old AMD 3500 with 2,2ghz.

Relax guys, ToW will be a piece of cake for any AMD 64 Atlhon with more than 2,0 ghz of clock speed.

You just have to have a decent graphic card (any medium range card on sale this days) and enough ram to back it up, 1Gb or 2Gb of ram would be great (for any game, not just ToW).

Originally posted by iplaygames2:

I've got a 2.6gig processor but am running a Geforce 4 Ti4200. I want to upgrade it with another AGP card due to my mobo, and am looking at around $200US to spend.

I've asked around, but am curious if any of you are tech savvy enough to provide good suggestions. I am NOT... at least not anymore!

Hi!

As you have an MB with an AGP bus my advice is to get an ATI X1950 Pro with 512Mb ram like this one (considering your budget):

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102071

Bought one to my nephew who's sitting on an old 3.0Ghz P4 box (replacing an old Radeon 9600 Pro). He loves playing Oblivion and it went from a slideshow to perfectly playable at maximum settings at 1280x1024 (HDR+ all goodies).

The X1950 Pro is very good value for money and it is available for the AGP bus.... The Nvidia 7900GS could be a candidate but the X1950Pro beats it in almost all benchmarks. The 7900 is supposed to be a better overclocker than the X1950Pro so if you´re into that it could be an option...

Regards /Mazex

P.S Myself I'm one of the lucky bastards sitting on an 8800GTX (+ Asus Striker Extreme + X6800 C2Duo + 2Gb Corsair cas 4). A combination which I really recomend. Unfortunately it would require some budget modifications...

[ April 09, 2007, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: mazex ]

Greetings,

my PC is a former server, with 2 Pentium 4 Xeon processors, each clocked at 1.7 Gh., running Win 2K pro.

So my configuration is not so usual... the clock of my processors is lower than the suggest one by BF, but there are 2 processors (with two real chipset, not like the new Intel duo).

Video Card is a new Radeon 1600 with 512 Mb.

Onboard RAM is 2 Giga.

Anybody guess if my spec. will be enough for TOW?

Thanks in advance.

***Luca

HI ALL

Sorry to add to the long list of those asking for reassurance but I have a Lenovo/IBM Thinkpad

T60 T2400 @ 1.83GHz (2 CPUs)512MB, 80GB 5400rpm HD, 64MB ATI Radeon x1300, Direct x9c...will I be enjoying the game in London on this laptop?

Cheers

Quote:

"Why doesn't everyone wait until the DEMO and see for yourselves whether it runs on your system or not??????"

Because this is a forum where people like to exchange their question, feelings and so on. We are just asking these questions between ourself, we are not engulfing the BF customer care with them.

Originally posted by cinacchi:

Quote:

"Why doesn't everyone wait until the DEMO and see for yourselves whether it runs on your system or not??????"

Because this is a forum where people like to exchange their question, feelings and so on. We are just asking these questions between ourself, we are not engulfing the BF customer care with them.

But does it really require 5 pages of "will my system run it", when in reality nobody knows if it will run smoothly as everyones systems are different and nobody owns this new version of TOW. My advice of "wait until the DEMO" is a sound one, its the only real true test.

Plus as everyone states, the official system requirements are available from several sources.

• 2 weeks later...