Official System Requirements

Markus86

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Reichenberg:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Bloodstar44:

Only best processor is Intel. AMD is pure crap from my experience with computers.

Last time I had AMD based PC I had to reinstall windows every 3-6 month. Now, after setting up Intel based PC nothing, no reinstall. And never again I will buy AMD based PC. NEVER AGAIN.

Hello Intel fanboy.

I think you are probably generalising a bit too much. My AMD PC is running now for 6 1/2 years daily without any CPU problems - There was not one reinstallation of windows necessary during that years. I am only scraping it because I need a new rig to run ToW on. And after my experiences so far I will buy an AMD CPU again.

I hope for both of us that our contrary decisons ar equally and 100% succesful.

Uwe </font>

Originally posted by bitchen frizzy:

AMD chips are often used in "inexpensive" systems like builds by local retailers, and these systems often fail due to crappy quality of parts like the power supply. The chip itself is seldom the problem, and AMD gets a bad rap by association.

You are right here I must admit.

As an individual who has built all of his own systems the past 7 years using only AMD processors, I find your statement ludicrous. (my last Intel - 486dx66.) Over numerous generations of AMD-supported motherboards during that time span, there's been a dog or two (1st-gen 266 comes to mind, and my NForce2 mobo died after 3 years due to bad capacitors.) But the procs themselves have withstood regular OC'ing (I ran my Barton 2500+, 1.83GHz at 2.2GHz for 3 years, then threw it in my roommate's box after that - still running. My current socket 939 Opteron 2.6 dual-core runs at 2.8 without any increase in temp or problems.)

The new Intel Duo 2 Core is a great processor, one anybody should be proud to own. I suspect the game isn't over yet for AMD - when I re-build a year from now, we'll see what the market provides.

Well thanks for that link :D . I will hit my dad up about saying he would get me a video card, but he didnt :mad: .

And will that video card you suggest be able to run FOW another 1C product. It was n that list i mentioned about for needing a new vid. card(i want to try the demo but cant).

Hello

I'm gonna buy a new pc because of this game are these settings enough to run TOW smoothly?

- Asus P5LD2 SE

- Intel Core2 Duo E6300 (1.86GHZ FSB1066 2MB CACHE)

- Nvidia 7600GS 256MB DDR3

- 1GB Team Elite ddr2-667

- HD 250GB sata2

Thank you

Any chance of stepping up to the 7900GS vid card? 20 pixel pipelines instead of 12 for the 7600GS, and the all-important step up to a 256-bit memory bus (highway between the GPU and it's memory) versus 128-bit for the 7600. It'll set you back another $40 (after rebate) though...

Originally posted by Txema:

I have just seen the "minimum system" and the "recommended system" specifications, and I have noticed that while the AMD processors appear in the "minimum system", they don't appear in the "recommended system".

Why are you recommending just Intel processors and not AMD processors??

Are the intel processors better than the AMD processors to run TOW?

Txema

Thank you very much for your comments.

What about Battlefront and 1C ???

Madmatt, Moon, can you answer my questions??

Txema

The problem with AMD CPUs is not the CPUs. The problem is that the mainboard chipsets you can get for AMD CPUs are generally plagued by bad driver syndrome, or even outright bad hardware.

For Intel CPUs you can get Intel chipsets or third party chipsets. The NVidia chipsets for Intel don't do any better than the NVidia chipsets for AMD.

Having said that, I run NVidia chipsets with AMD chips fine now - under Linux, avoiding the bad drivers :D

Good point Redwolf. Hopefully AMD can gain a bit in that field with the coming AMD chipsets for the AM2 socket - the AMD690G and V. But I have not read any valuable reviews about them. Just that they would arrive more or less now, their features and their prices. Nothing about their performance yet.

Uwe

Originally posted by Reichenberg:

Good point Redwolf. Hopefully AMD can gain a bit in that field with the coming AMD chipsets for the AM2 socket - the AMD690G and V. But I have not read any valuable reviews about them. Just that they would arrive more or less now, their features and their prices. Nothing about their performance yet.

Not gonna happen.

These are the former ATI chipsets that they got when they bought ATI, not a new line of AMD chipsets.

The difference is that the actual AMD chipsets of the past (e.g. for socket 940) were well-documented and behaving predictably, hence the good drivers.

The ATI chipsets have no public documentation and it did not change after AMD bought ATI. And yes, I looked regularly, there's no documentation popping up.

For all we can tell, the old ATI crew is still in charge of ATI drivers, both for the graphics cards and the chipset drivers, not a single thing changed when AMD bought them. A major disappointment for me, BTW, I had great hope that the driver situation of ATI's stuff could get upgraded to the standards of the old AMD chipset standards, but nil nada nix vorbei.

Originally posted by Schrullenhaft:

Hpt. Lisse is correct, the Intel 865G (an integrated video chip) probably isn't good enough to run ToW. Most likely your computer should be able to take an AGP videocard as an upgrade. Occasionally some motherboards are made for some large manufacturers (Dell, HP, etc.) that may not have an AGP slot, but we'll assume that isn't the case for you right now.

The next question is how much do you want to spend to upgrade your video for ToW ? If you're willing to spend about $120 this GeForce 7600GS 256Mb (Newegg listing) would probably work fine (plus a current $20 mail-in rebate brings it in at just under $100). There are ATI/AMD based cards that would work for ToW too, but in my opinion ATI occasionally has more issues with their drivers (though that may not necessarily be the case with ToW).

Well, I will most likely get that card :D . Too bad my dad went on a fishing trip to Arizona :( and he said he might get it smile.gif .well his loss on 20$.

My mom is thinking on getting it though. smile.gif

[ March 29, 2007, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: Cpt. Chapel ]

I purchased the game and I only have a 2.4 but 1 gb ram and a nvidia video card. I play Battlefied 2 well and I hope the game has some tweaks to reduce the video display and game play,

It stinks that they keep making this stuff hard to play for us gamers who have a system that might be 15 - 24 months old, battlefront will find out that the game might not sell as wished

Spetsnaz, i think your specs are well over the minimum requirements of the game.I bet it will run fine.

I have a AMD with a 2,2 ghz clock speed, a geforce 6600 and 2 gb of ram,and i bet the game will run fine at a decent resolution and frame rate. :D

My processor is better than that (3200+ vs. 3000+), my RAM is the same, but my graphics card is worse (7600GS).

Will it be possible for me to keep the detail on the tanks and troops, losing some of the landscape detail, and keep a fluid frame rate?

i.e. are there separate graphics controls for tanks, troops etc.?

I'm playing ToW on a 7300GS with 1600x1200, max everything. Smooth as silk and looking more then a little nice. If you were going to have problems with a 7600GS (which I doubt) then you deserve it for buying the crappiest 7600GS you could possibly find. ;)

So don't worry, you should be fine!