Official System Requirements

Markus86

In the news of the russian ToW site, the sys req were posted today.

Minimum: Windows 2000/XP; DirectX 9.0; 2,6 GHz; Videocard on level of Nvidia GeForce 4600 or ATI Radeon 9600; 512 MB RAM; DVD drive; 4 GB on the hard disk; keyboard; mouse.

Recommended: Windows 2000/XP; DirectX 9.0; 3,4 GHz; Videocard on level of Nvidia GeForce 6800 or ATI Radeon X800; 1 GB RAM; DVD drive; 4 GB on the hard disk; keyboard; mouse.

http://games.1c.ru/ww2ru/

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm anxious to see if my system will be able to handle this game. The only sticky wicket as I see it is my processor which is an AMD Athlon XP 3200+. The raw clock speed is 2.2GHZ but it's supposed to be comparable to a P4 3.2GHZ processor. This should be a good test. The hard drive, RAM and video card in my PC exceed the recommended spec listed in this thread.

Now I'll really find out if AMD is full of it or not.

Originally posted by Vergeltungswaffe:

Interesting to require 2.6 GHz, but only half a meg of RAM and a crappy vid card.

Simulations need mainly CPU-Power, games that blend with graphical effects need GPU-Power.

The minimum single core P4 with 2.6 GHz + Geforce4 is my system, I bought 4 years ago, so its not too much. I hope they get more infantry simulated on modern dual core CPUs.

I doubt you need a min of 2.6 to run this..........even the next-gen "Crisis" doesn't require these specs at this point in it's development.

I have a 2.66 ghz intel processor with a 7600 GS 512 MB ghx card and 1.5 gb of RAM and I can run almost every new (as of Sept. 2006)at high to max settings so LOL Russikies! You'll need it with those spec's oh, and most HC wargamers have outdated cpu's with less than 2.6 ghz proc I'm sure.

Originally posted by Jack Carr:

The only sticky wicket as I see it is my processor which is an AMD Athlon XP 3200+. The raw clock speed is 2.2GHZ but it's supposed to be comparable to a P4 3.2GHZ processor.

Your AMD CPU is probably even better than that for games. Those PR ratings are based on overall performance, but games are one of the Athlon processors main strengths. So I will be extremely surprised if you have any problems - it's not as though it wont run if it's a couple 100 MHz below anyway.

lol...you guys cant be serious

2.6 is rather low tongue.gif

You guys better start saving or get better jobs

:D

no wonder some people are buying it 4 sp only...imagine what your isp is like.

The requirement is a positive thing!

it gives a small hint its current with whatis out there...do you really want to buy a game that looks outdated already.

--------------------------------------

“Life is not fair; get used to it.”

Bill gates

Originally posted by Bruce70:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jack Carr:

The only sticky wicket as I see it is my processor which is an AMD Athlon XP 3200+. The raw clock speed is 2.2GHZ but it's supposed to be comparable to a P4 3.2GHZ processor.

Your AMD CPU is probably even better than that for games. Those PR ratings are based on overall performance, but games are one of the Athlon processors main strengths. So I will be extremely surprised if you have any problems - it's not as though it wont run if it's a couple 100 MHz below anyway. </font>

Sammy_Davis_Jnr

Member # 20527

posted September 19, 2006 09:30 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lol...you guys cant be serious

2.6 is rather low

You guys better start saving or get better jobs

no wonder some people are buying it 4 sp only...imagine what your isp is like.

The requirement is a positive thing!

it gives a small hint its current with whatis out there...do you really want to buy a game that looks outdated already.

--------------------------------------

“Life is not fair; get used to it.”

Bill gates

So, I'm assuming your saying by being low that most players will have a 3.0 ghz + processor?

I don't think so....most will be lucky to meet the minimum (2.6 ghz) but really you can't be serious. If graphics is the only problem then they can always buy a new card for ($100-300) but not everyone want's to buy an entire new PC for this game.

I've got a 2.6gig processor but am running a Geforce 4 Ti4200. I want to upgrade it with another AGP card due to my mobo, and am looking at around $200US to spend.

I've asked around, but am curious if any of you are tech savvy enough to provide good suggestions. I am NOT... at least not anymore!