Does TOW make use of multicores ?

Scheer

Perhaps more importantly: Does the game hit the CPU hardest or the video card? Or both? I remember from the launch of Soldiers Heroes of WWII how people with some of the best vid cards out there were perplexed because of poor performance when it was their CPU which was lacking. Some get so locked into FPS's where vid card performance is the primary decider that they forget CPU can be more important in smooth play in certain games.

Early tests indicate that CPU will count more. I have a Geforce 6600 and a 3.2 MHz dual-core PC and the game is usually very smooth with all highest settings (except grass which is set to normal). But again, we need to do more testing before we release min and recommended specs. Having a good computer WILL be important to fully enjoy this game, so we want to be as precise as possible to state where the cutoff is.

Martin

Time to rub it in....

On my system, AMD 4800+ Dual Core, and a top of the line video card, the 7800 GTX, I see no slow downs with the graphics set to max including grass. However, I have not yet played some of the bigger maps. However, mayve someday Moon will get a real video card. smile.gif

Rune

I thought that because its based on IL2, I dont have to update my 2gig AMD and Nvidia 4600, but it seems that my hopes were over estimated, unless removing AA and using more modest resolution can make a difference.

• 2 weeks later...