Nebelwerfer textures

wood_ram.jpg

sand_ram.jpg

ice_ram.jpg

RA_M_Panel.png

nebelwerfer.zip

Grey textures included in the zip file.

Poesel, there's something funny about the lighting on these parts. It's like they're illuminated in reverse - from bottom, not top, and from the other side to the rest of the model. Does that make sense?

Anyway, I've worked around it. If the shading bothers you too much you could always tweak the models I guess, but you may be happy with these as is.

Redcon, you are going to send SRM files, right?

Until then, on to the radio.

These look great, thanks a lot!

About the lighting: is that a an attribute of the model? I thought the model held no lighting information?

If I'm wrong here I'll have do redo all of the models. The lamp type to use would probably a sun, right?

How do you do the greenish panel icon? Is that soemthing you do manually or an automatic filter?

Originally posted by poesel71:

How do you do the greenish panel icon? Is that soemthing you do manually or an automatic filter?

PanelBackground.png

PanelBackground.png

Manual, of course. But simple.

1) Take a screenshot (on nice contrasting terrain to make cutting out the outline nice and simple.)

2) resize to 256x256

3) insert PanelBackground.png as new layer (60% opacity)

4) on base layer, select terrain, delete. Using same selection on PanelBackground, also delete.

5) set base layer to 0% saturation (ie grey), +30% contrast, sharpen.

That's it.

Yes and yes. The normals are pointing outwards which AFAIK should be correct.

I'll flip them and see if it makes a difference.

Btw theres no light source at all in the model. But since I don't export light sources that shouldn't be a problem or am I mistaken?

Clay, when are you going to give me the remapped viper model with a properly mapped texture, please? Been waiting for, oh, maybe a year now... ;)

Also, what is the story with the panel pictures of the AA and ground turrets? I tried again to change those to the new shape, and find that first, they're still both using the same texture, and second, they don't seem to be using the texture in the data folder :confused: Is that possible? Are those hard coded, or using a funny name? (Although I searched all through the textures for a duplicate without finding it.)

Thanks Marco, now I'm not feeling so alone anymore... ;)

Clay, you were spot on with the normals, they have to be the other way round. I'll change that in all CZ models.

For all other Blender users: the small blue lines have to be INSIDE the model. Then the shading looks right. I don't know why the lines have to be so darn small but maybe I will find out eventually.

Clay, you were spot on with the normals, they have to be the other way round. I'll change that in all CZ models.

Poesel, please let me know when the nebelwerfer files are done and where I can get them, because I'll have to adjust the textures a bit. (They'll be too bright now.)

Originally posted by Redcon-5:

The Thor T KC-L is done. it is just a thor chassis with a modded cutter plow on it. Also the ATGM squad launchers. And if you get really bored smile.gif the sniper rifle and RTO radio pack could use some dressing up. Well you asked smile.gif

Okay, so that's actually ATGM squad launcher, sorry. Is no rush whatsoever.

Marco, the updated files are here:

http://dropteam.johalla.de/download/90mm

http://dropteam.johalla.de/download/RA-M

neb3.jpg

Interesting look, but possibly not quite what was intended?

However, I can confirm that the shading works correctly now.

I will redo the brightness based on this version, but you might want to reposition the turret...

Sorry, not finished yet. I've some issues with the tilting of the launcher and I need some feedback from Clay.

Another thing is the normals: while letting the normals point INTO the models makes the lighting in DT correct the model does look weird in Blender - all textures can only be seen from the inside.

Since I don't think Blender would do something so basic as showing textures wrong there are only two possibilities:

1) Blenders export is faulty

2) DTs import is faulty

Unfortunatly I don't have another program at hand that can import .obj I can't test that.

Could/Would someone else do that?