Heavier Tanks

rua'anith

Hey guys

I've modified a Thor into having a 200mm cannon and even more armor on front and sides.

smile.gif

took me a couple of hours feeling my way through the coding but I mangaged to get something that has the basic Thor chassis because I don't have anything else. It is quite effective and Anything lighter than a Thor is dead. Mostly beacause of the ATGM luacher :D

2 hours to get a model into DT is not a bad start. smile.gif

A suggestion to avoid some frustration: take a normal Thor and fiddle around with the XML file to get the vehicle you want. Test it against bots and humans. Watch out for game balance.

Then start 3D modelling with the barrel. Thats easy and gets you a feeling for size and orientation.

Make a texture for the barrel. Then make another five to have the whole set. smile.gif

Next is a turret. The turret also needs 6 textures and additionally one to six collision models.

Further topics: making a chassis and get wheels/tracks right! ;)

I don't want to discourage you - on the contrary. But be aware that modding a completely new vehicle is a lot of work and needs some special skills which you might not have (yet).

If you have anything that you would like to be tested out: send it to me I'll put it in the Zoo (which will be updated ASAP - I'm sorry for the delay - reald world issues).

If there's any problem at all in the XML for any file, the game won't load. It will crash when it gets to the file with the problem in the XML. I suggest either searching for the problem or trying to use the provided XML schemas to do it. (The schema to use is listed at the top of the XML document.)

One of the other player had a heavy tank with better armor sloping and I think a slightly bigger gun. It was near completion last I heard. But that was six months ago?

Sorry for the speeling errors. hope its not too painful to read.

And Grunt we'll have to get together over many beer to have the "Bolo" vs. "Ogre" debate. :D