EMP

Hey all!

Have we figured out where the EMP effects are? I had an idea for a new weapon.

An EMP gun. Could either be a projectile, or an Ion weapon. (Ion seems to make more sense, though) When hit, instead of causing damage, it causes the affected internal systems to short out for a time, ala EMP. Can't do any damage, but can stop a vehicle long enough to bring up one that can.

Could add a new element to CTF games.

Any thoughts?

-Kevin

Already had that idea... smile.gif

I have asked Clay about it. Currently its not possible to mod EMP but he also said it wouldn't be a big problem to include it. It would be an area effect EMP shell. You could make the blast effect very small so only one vehicle would be affected.

However I dn't know when that will happen. I hope its soon (and we are told about it...)

Originally posted by Redcon-5:

OOO.. Evil thought. Infantry with an EMP grenade.

(Insert evil laughter here)

The only thing with an infantry EMP grenade is why use it when your at ATG range? Just go for the kill. But then again, a few EMP grenades added to a squad's inventory would allow them to paralyze a vehicle with one shot, then leisurely walk up and blast it for the coup de grace. Squirm you tanker M_ther F_ckers!...squirm!

What would be way cool is for the engineer squad to have a few EMP grenades and a way to cap enemy vehicles and take them over!