sabotage infantry unit

poesel

I have an idea for an infantry unit. It should be easy to do but infantry is not my field... smile.gif

Simply put this unit should be able to blow things up. 'Things' meaning mostly buildings or hedgehogs. It would be nice if it would be able to remove mines, too, but that is currently impossible.

In technical terms we would need a grenade type which only does structural damage, has next to no range and a minimal blast diameter.

If it had 250 struct damage that would mean three 'shots' for an AA tower or two and one HE hit. Reload time would obviously be quite long as this grenade represents explosives which would need to be applied somehow.

A nice feature would be if we had a 'shot delay' tag and make the gun a 'shoot only when prone'-gun. That way you couldn't run around while recharging.

Another possible grenade type would be a 'digger' grenade to make fortifications. Big blast radius but no damage value. Something like a desintegrator grenade.

Thoughts? Takers? smile.gif

I've tried this sort of thing and can put it up sometime, but unfortunately no matter how high I push the structural damage, it still takes quite a few shots to destroy Ion Towers. I'll still put the file up, though.

After a lot of experimentation (and beer) the minimum HE blast radius for digging is 20.

This will dig a hole big enough for one squad or vehicle hide or hulldown in.

20 is also big enough to kill a troop who is unlucky to standing near when it goes off. There is some sort of damge value tied directly to HEBlastDiameter tag that I have yet to find and null out.

The blast effect does not add together so that four round with a 5 value will not equal a 20.

I have yet to find some way to selectivly alter the terrain. I even tried making a digging ion beam, bit silly but i though it would be cool to carve out trench with. Well thats all for now thought I would keep people posted.