Creature Zoo "Going Gold"?

Creature Zoo has been a wonderful proving ground for ideas - cheers to Poesel for spearheading it! Now that you guys have tried some things out on CZ, which of them do you think are now mature enough to roll into the mainline release for 1.2.7? I know some of them still need texture work, so if we can narrow it down to the top 1 or 2 or, maybe 3, units, then we can take care of some texturing on this end in order to clean them up for rolling into the base game.

So, any votes?

I'd hold off the Dragon's Teeth until the destroyable variant is complete. I'm mostly done with the modelling now - just the fourth phase (small pieces of rubble) remains to be completed. But I'm a bit stuck with testing these - see the 1.2.6 release thread :-(

Originally posted by Redcon-5:

1. both of the Ariel

2. Dragon's Teeth (sorry Toby but I realy miss having them in the Base ver.)

3. ATGM Squad ( I don't think I have the Sniper rifle balanced yet, but if that is the vote I'll make it)

Don't get me wrong, I really want the Dragon's Teeth in the base mod. Just be aware that the new variant (with various phases of destruction) is going to be much more fun, as waves of heavy mortar fire can now (slowly) punch holes in the lines of "Teeth". So those carefully placed teeth must be protected to keep the enemy out.

I also think that the destructable "Teeth" should be far more numerous in the inventory :)

Originally posted by Junglist:

Although, I would have to say (again) that I think the number of mines available should be cut back. Too many mines = too much frustration game slow down.

The Number of mines is fine what is needed is a faster way to breach them. Had an idea (OK stole an idea)yesterday for that. XML unit is ready just need to cobble a model together for it (any takers its pretty easy). But this is for a different thread.

Originally posted by Redcon-5:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Junglist:

Although, I would have to say (again) that I think the number of mines available should be cut back. Too many mines = too much frustration game slow down.

The Number of mines is fine what is needed is a faster way to breach them. Had an idea (OK stole an idea)yesterday for that. XML unit is ready just need to cobble a model together for it (any takers its pretty easy). But this is for a different thread. </font>

• 2 weeks later...