Arming the Viper

Phonan

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a switch that shuts off the automatic barrel elevation feature.

Reason: I can quite well calculate horizontal movement of a target and 'know' how much in advance I have to aim. With vertical movement the automatic elevation always comes into my way and I never hit anything except if its very close. Fixing the range with MMB doesn't help, the shell still flys different to what I expect.

Just plug in a very short range and it will do exactly that. For example, point down at the ground in front of you and right click (or repeatedly tap the left square bracket key like a rabid monkey). Now the gun's elevation will be virtually zero, so fire away. Your rounds will go straight out in the direction that you're pointing. Just remember to leave it alone - don't middle click.

Originally posted by Gen. Lee Annoying:

Ok I know this will sound a little lame, but how on this green earth can I add this piece of metal to my inventory? I tried a couple times and just get my game to lock at about 64% object loading. Any help would be greatly appreceiated....

Copy and paste this:

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;"><Item>

<Name>Cobra GS</Name>

<ImageFilename>Panelviper.png</ImageFilename>

<ObjectFilename>CobraGS.physicalobjectgroup</ObjectFilename>

<Limit>6</Limit>

<Firepower>10</Firepower>

<Armor>8</Armor>

<Speed>2</Speed>

<PrimaryWeapon>TelerikHammer0</PrimaryWeapon>

<Role>Direct Support</Role>

</Item></pre>

I don't know if a bomber would be feasible. The max heights on the maps really aren't that high, which keeps you in range of every caliber of gun on the map except for 20mm and 14mm, so the bomber can't be protected by altitude like a B-52.

A bomber would have to be directly over a target to deliver its payload AND it would have to loiter around to find new targets. Sounds like Ion fodder to me.

But if you can make it work, all the power to you smile.gif .

I've been wondering about altitude protection- are you sure that it can be hit even at maximum altitude? Either way, there are a couple options= give it an autogun with short range- solely for protection. The other option is simply to find a target and bomb it while flying over at high speed- this makes tracking with normal weapons difficult.