Lasting Damage

Chilibird

Is it possible to have a projectile continue to deal damage after it is fired?

What I'd like to experiment with is Napalm, or some future derivative thereof. It's fired in the same manner as the smoke rounds, but remains on the ground smoldering/smoking/flaming. Any unit that drives across this line is either destroyed, or damaged. For example.. tanks can advance without worry, but it pops the tires on quick vehicles like paladins. It's lie there smoldering for a minute or so, and then go out.

Maybe a new version of the cutter, without the blade. Pressing the special action key switches its cannon from it's normal 20mm to a napalm spray.

I think it'd be nice, both to avoid the quick hit and runs using paladins, ect, during CTF, and as a quicker, though temporary, barrier, instead of digging trenches.

Thoughts?

Theres this scenario with the lava that deals damage if you drive on it. Question is, if the game engine could dynamically change the properties of the ground to make that usable as a weapon.

There has also been a long thread about a replacement for the trench digging. I don't know if that will come.

Btw, Iceman, is that you? Or had Rbentus a change of regime? ;)