armored car & truck

jdevlin

From the realms of impossibility - it's...

ANOTHER VEHICLE DESIGN OR TWO!

By Duke Insano the COMPLETELY MAD and sub-QUALIFIED! Oh, and poesel71 helped out with the truck variant.

Basically, this is something the Mod Team is working on, and we'd love to get your opinion.

First is the Armored Car, shown here. The wheels are indeed hexagons; I was in a low poly modelling mode and left em like that.

armoredcar2a1lg6.th.jpg

armoredcar2a1bsa1.th.jpg

Now, this is the truck poesel71 came up with as a variant of my armored car. I'm still not too sure of how it sits with me, but its definitely growing on me. What do you guys think?

armoredtruck3cjl7.th.jpg

armoredtruck3c1nz0.th.jpg

[ October 23, 2006, 08:53 PM: Message edited by: jdevlin ]

Originally posted by jdevlin:

armoredtruck3c1nz0.th.jpg

Mount a heavy machine gun on the back which requires infantry to control and this might be a winner (or at least insanely fun to drive :) ). Give it beach-buggy style suspension for some serious air-attitude.

Or maybe not ;)

The idea of some sort of rear-mounted weapon system intruiges me though. Especially if it could be deployed in the field. Turret distribution? Ammo for infantry?

Originally posted by millan:

Cool

I mean the ultra-heavy rocket/artillery platform can fit on it good smile.gif

two trucks, one to carry around the cutter or a thor, handy specially in WWII maps or in maps with only reinforcement zones; the second could fit a MLRS

millan gets the points! smile.gif

While I was still thinking on which platform the rocketlauncer should sit on, jdevlin showed me his car and I instantly liked it. So a little bit of stretching and three iterations later the result can be seen above.

The idea was that the truck is used as a weapons platform for the planet dwellers who convert a civilian vehicle for military use. It will carry a simple MLRS in its first incarnation (whenever that is).

Aittam - carrying around other vehicles sounds like a good idea, but I'm afraid that would only be useful on big maps without dropships.

How about outfitting the car with a single shot (ammo 10) rocket launcher with a small mortar shell equivalent? Wouldn't that make it a very nice harassment vehicle?

Originally posted by poesel71:

millan gets the points! smile.gif

Aittam - carrying around other vehicles sounds like a good idea, but I'm afraid that would only be useful on big maps without dropships.

yep or in a map where the cutter has to act quickly, but yest mostly WWII

• 1 month later...

How about a Stalin Organ style item that can be mounted on it?

It would be a one-off weapon, which could be used to saturate an area with rocket fire.

For instance, if you want to soften up an area before attacking, you would place one of these trucks behind a hill, and use a spotter to adjust the firing solution.

Once the attack is imminent, let loose the rockets!

It could be a combination of high explosive and smoke.

This should soften up lighter units nicely, leaving only the heavier ones to be picked off by more accurate fire.