GUI Scenario Editor

The first beta of the GUI scenario editor for DropTeam is now ready for anyone who would like to try it out.

You can download it here.

Introductory documentation is here.

The current release is for Windows only. Source code for the editor is available on request with a completely unrestricted license.

Feedback, comments, and bug reports are welcome.

EditorShot.jpg

Now I really wish I knew something about GUI programming. I'm guessing that this is tied to the Windows MDI interfaces? If it's a C#/.NET type thing I might be able to wrangle it together on a Mono installation, but if it's straight C++ and Windows API, it'll be a major pain to port.

I'm hoping you built it using Gtk+ :)

I downloaded the editor and when I clicked on the setup.exe it said I need the .NET framework. I downloaded and installed it from Microsoft (just the x86 version, there are multiple versions listed with no explanation so I just tried the first one) and the setup.exe said the same thing. I restarted and I got the same message. All in windows XP.

.NET/microsoft website

You need the 1.1 version of the .net framework. You can download and install the 1.1 redistributable package here.

Sorry, Toby, no GTK. It's all Dot Net. I plan to try a run at a Mono build pretty soon but if you want to play with it then we're happy to give you the source.

Yes, a vehicle editor is on the way, too. But it will be a while.

A vehicle editor? If you crank out a 3D-editor I'd be seriously impressed. smile.gif

A validator for .physobject files and a 'reload current vehicle data' method from inside the game would be all I need/want (maybe a /reload command in the talkbox, only possible when running a standalone game?).

This is a fantastic step in the right direction for Battlefront and DT. Map and unit editors to make the game extremely re-playable. Especially if they can be easily added to the servers. How cool would it be if you could design your own force and bring that to the table when you go on-line to kill and be killed.

Now I just need a PhD in computers...

• 2 weeks later...

Umm one thing.

Location picking: Rather than boot up Dropteam can we have a mode that allows us to place objects on the 2d terrain map that's loaded in the editor instead (ie select object, click on desired position on map, editor records and saves co-ordinates).

And if you can, an inbuilt zoom into 3d view would be great, mate. ;)

(PS dont'cha love feature creep?)

Originally posted by ClaytoniousRex:

For a zoom in the 3D view, do you mean something like the gunner's view when you're playing?

Probably a 'explore mode' view would be better, with that "point with mouse and Ctrl-click" option available to extract a co-ordinate.

PS was it Ctrl-click back in the beta days? I can't remember now. ;)

• 1 year later...