LOKI (my first attemp)

Redcon-5

This is the Loki (Norse God of Choas) because you got to be a little crazy to drive this thing.

Ok here are the stats.

Eight wheeled SFV (scout fighting vehicle) mounting a 120mm with limited ammo, a coax two shot ATGM (right side of turret) and also a coax small ion gun (same type as the infantry carry).

Almost no armor, i'm thinking Tempest values but i could use some in-put there.

Fast at least as fast as the shrike.

image.jpg

Forgot to add guy for scale so its about man high.

Gripes, comments, Criticisms?

That's ... a lot of firepower crammed onto a single chassis. Ammo for the 120'll be hideously limited, and that Chassis positively begs to be hit by shots from above. (ATGM's in particular will eat this thing up with shots to the chassis that penetrate its rather thin vertical profile.

Worst of all, though, is that you simply won't be able to go hull-down in this thing. The turret's set too far back and too low to not expose those front tires and flat areas on anything like a reverse slope.

My guess is the ATGM is going to make you more of a priority target than this vehicle can survive. The 6mm ion as coax is a great idea for a scout vehicle, but overall this design is pretty much not going to deploy like you want, I think.

Very impractical design. Too long, Not enough ground clearance. Also imagine with all that weight at the back what this thing would look like going over a lump in the ground. The nose will be up in the air until the 3rd wheel crosses... Then it better have some good suspension to absorb the impact on the front when it goes down. if no one puts a round through its underside.

You're right a 120mm would be way too much it would encourage people to mix it up with thors.

76 would be better. For fitting with scout roll.

I pretty much figured on the front tires being sacrifcal. Thus having eight of them but that is not a good plan. A redesign with six would be better.

On flat ground this turret design works BUT when is ground flat? I'll adjust the turret for back slope fighting, which just makes sense.

Keeping the ATGM's a scout has got to cause havoc some how.

Here is variant two.

image.jpg

Ignor the things over the wheels they're just there to keep the mud off the optics tongue.gif

My question above is more about how many damgae location for ammo per weapon can a vehical have. Right now it looks like one (Hermes has two one for the 20mm and one for auto-gun).

On rough terrain, you're going to get high-sided alotwith that gap in the rear wheels. That'll seriously bite on a ridge line but on some maps, the terrain is broken enough it'll happen just coming up after a tactical move through a gully.

Even if the full surface is plated with DU, between the surface area of the hind third of the vehicle plus the surface area of the turret (which should be more heavily armoured than the chassis), I don't see what you could be cramming into the front two thirds that'd be as heavy. Note that, volumetrically, you have less volume by far in the front, too.

Let's not even ask where the drive train for the front wheels nestles. smile.gif

I like the idea of a low-profile high-punch low-ammo scout vehicle; get in, hit hard, get out, extract, repeat ... I like the turret design of this and the general profile, but I think it'll need to be both shorter front-to-back and slightly thicker in the chassis to be reasonable. You might even want to consider flipping it around and putting the turret in the front, designed to peek right over ridges and keep hull-down in a big way, with the back end basically there to keep back-shots from taking you down fast.

Keep working on it; I think there are good ideas in here.

Originally posted by Alexander SquidLord Williams:

You might even want to consider flipping it around and putting the turret in the front, designed to peek right over ridges and keep hull-down in a big way, with the back end basically there to keep back-shots from taking you down fast.

Now that is something worth thinking about! OK put the long nose Loki on the back burner for a bit while I think up a front turret model.(hitting self on head for not thinking of it already) :D

Originally posted by Redcon-5:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Alexander SquidLord Williams:

You might even want to consider flipping it around and putting the turret in the front, designed to peek right over ridges and keep hull-down in a big way, with the back end basically there to keep back-shots from taking you down fast.

Now that is something worth thinking about! OK put the long nose Loki on the back burner for a bit while I think up a front turret model.(hitting self on head for not thinking of it already) :D </font>