Installing New Scenarios

To play new scenarios that you download from this forum or elsewhere:

On Windows and Linux, place the .scenario and all accompanying files into the \data subdirectory beneath your DropTeam installation.

On Mac OS X, open Finder and right click on the DropTeam icon in your \Applications folder. Select "Show Package Contents". A new Finder window will open. Go into the "Contents" folder, then into the "Resources" folder and finally into the "data" folder. Paste the .scenario and all accompanying files into this folder.

Now when you run DropTeam you will see the new scenario in the list of available scenarios in the lobby. If you want to run the new scenario on your server then add it to the list of scenarios in the text file called ScenarioList.dat in your data directory.

• 1 month later...

A bit of a note for mac users-

What I find easier than going to "show package contents" and tracking down the data folder every time, is that I do this.

1. Right click on DropTeam, go to Show Package Contents

2. Browse through to the Data folder like normal, but do not open the Data folder.

3. Right click on the Data folder, and select "Make Alias"

4. Move the resulting alias file to the same folder as Drop Team. Voila, you no longer have to track through all of the files/folders every time you want to change something in your scenario. Simply double clicking will open the "Data" folder inside drop team, or you can just drag the files to be installed on top of the alias, and it will move them to the folder itself.

• 3 months later...

Clay -

Many games that support modding and custom maps automatically download the missing map/files from the server onto the client.. does DT do this? If not, you may want to consider it as this a feature that most gamers will expect from a moddable game community.

Also, the ability to package (and keep separate) mods so they are distinctly different from the main game might be something you consider also. For example quake/half-life/etc support custom mod selection from the gui, keeping things distinctly separate. (say I wanted to make a Jumbo Unit mod where every unit was 4x the size.. you don't want those units thown in the same bucket as the normal ones, since you won't want to mix those up)

You may also want to formalize your data into folders like "scenarios" and such, cleaning things up a bit. Even making subfolders for each scenario and graphics/etc might be a good idea since you have graphics separate from the scenario file.

I'm really liking this game, and look forward to getting it.. and your continued support of it and making it easier and easier for us to make content for it. While it's starting of kinda small, once things get traction you'll want to be ready for the modding community and keeping things organized and user friendly.

With a solid engine, "realistic" damage modeling, and cross platform support I'll be suprised if this game doesn't really get some traction soon.

Please get a new demo out!! You want Christmas money going to DT and demos get attention! I'm tired of having 0-1 players out there on the only demo server out there. smile.gif I also suggest 2-3 maps for the next demo to hilight the different types of gameplay/worlds.

Hope this is helpful smile.gif