Issues

Kammak

Hello,

Ordered, downloaded, and installed Drop Team today. I also installed updated video drivers per the game's startup message.

Issue: I have a bizarre background screen while in the "lobby". The text reads fine. Once in game, I have no aiming cursor. The "E" targeting cursor is just a very colorful bizarre shape. Apparently, many of the structures are displaying incorrect textures (black and white lines like a grid over the entire model). However, my units look fine and the ground seems to be normal.

I've got a maybe 4:1 run to crash ratio so far. Since upgrading the video drivers, all other games I've checked are displaying correctly. I have messed with the video options in DropTeam but they do not affect the texture issue.

Attached below is the logfile from my last session which ended with a CTD:

Your help is appreciated,

Kevin

========================================

Okay - I've tried to paste the logfile and post, but I keep getting an error message that it doesn't allow parenthesis...I don't see an "attach" option here - am I missing something obvious? How do I send the log contents to you?

Kevin

Originally posted by poesel71:

More info: operating system, hardware?

Read the support guidelines.

Well, if you actually read my message you would see I tried to post the logfile and can't...so how about somebody address that first.

Is this a real support board or just fellow-player support?

If you had actually read what I said you should read you would know what to do with the logfile (3rd message in the thread).

Support from TBG here has been, well, slooow lately. But you will get it and you will get a fix (except for incompatible hardware).

Providing detailed information about your problem also helps much. Even if you 'just' get help from fellow-players...

@poesel71

You've got quite the attitude there, don't you?

Before posting I went through the previous messages on this board - other folks have successfully posted their log file in a message, when I try, I get the error mentioned in my initial post.

Obviously there is a way to post it here that I have not figured out. If you know how, great. If not, please drop the attitude posts and I'll wait for some real tech support from the dev shop.

I guess you are trying to be helpful, but your delivery stinks.

Regards,

Kammak

You try to post the logfile and it fails. The error message says that you can't use parenthesis.

Then don't and you can post.

The support guidelines tell you to MAIL the logfile to TBG (instead of posting here, because the logfile is quite long).

Do that and you will (probably) get an answer.

The guidelines also say that you should post your OS and hardware specs. You don't and instead gripe about my attitude.

So what?

Helpful? Not quite. "Read the support guidelines". That is not helpful. I read the tacked posts and most of the previous posts before posting in the first place.

The devs said the first thing they would do is ask for the logfile by email - meaning open the issue, they respond, and then the issue carries over to email if necessary. Pretty standard stuff.

The error in your attempts to "help" is in assuming I'm a moron. I'm not. Don't bother submitting snide one liners that do no nothing to move forward in settling a serious issue with the software.

If you don't know how to get around the error in posting logfile contents, quite wasting bandwidth with extraneous cr#p.

I posted here to get official help from the devs or whomever supports this title. You obviously can't provide that support, so kindly stay off the thread.

Regards,

Kammak