Ubuntu Linux- DropTeam won't start

Phonan

I just downloaded the latest DropTeam update in Ubuntu, and now DropTeam fails to start! First, pushd bin didn't work, but I finally changed it to cd /bin and that's fine. However, when I run the script it tells me that there's "no such file or directory" as ./SpaceVikings. Any help? I'm new to Linux, so if I've been unclear please tell me and I'll try to be more specific.

Countless thanks, Clay! It works perfectly now; I suppose that my problem was the execute permissions, or simply my silly mistakes in trying to fix the script myself. Also, the run text you gave me was different from that in the script, which may have affected something. If anyone else happens across the same problem, I can post my runClient.sh in hopes of it working. Once again, Clay, thank you. Now I need to go find some time to play...

Originally posted by Phonan:

I just downloaded the latest DropTeam update in Ubuntu, and now DropTeam fails to start! First, pushd bin didn't work, but I finally changed it to cd /bin and that's fine. However, when I run the script it tells me that there's "no such file or directory" as ./SpaceVikings. Any help? I'm new to Linux, so if I've been unclear please tell me and I'll try to be more specific.

Phonan - I bet your base shell has changed from "bash" to "dash". Dash is a faster shell than bash which is used for booting the system more quickly - but it doesn't support all the bash-isms.

Changing the first line of your runClient.sh script to

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">#! /bin/bash</pre>