New "F&F" mod !

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fredoz !,...Some of your work is just 'Amazing'!,...such as regarding,...where did you manage to get that small 'Authentic-Looking' Japanese Tank?. Where did the Artillery Gun come from?,...'Excellent Work' to you in getting these item's!.

It look's like you used the Early Italian Tank and the German captured Polish Tank for the other 2 Japanese tanks. The German and Allied Half-Tracks i assume are from the game itself where they are momentarily-DISPLAYED when 'Motorized' Infantry is moved!.

Finally!...Nice Work on the Japanese Flag!. Look's like your New "F&F" MOD is going to be a welcome'Treat' for us!.

This looks absolutly incredible! I wish I knew what F&F means (Free and French?). The sig, "=FR3DO= & =F@B= " means something to do with Frodo, so that means Lord of the Rings to me. I need the Sledgehammer of Obviousness dropped on my head. I would love to play around with this in an alpha state to look for bugs.

no disrepect to other modders, but I have lost taste with playing with anything else or vanilla sc2 knowing that this masterpeice is coming out. Although, one has to wonder how the scripts & AI will turn out. Dude? Timskorn? Perhaps the whole community can pitch in in this effort to make the ultimate WW2 mod!

There is a lot to like in this mod, but am I the only one who finds Africa to be overly large when the continent played such a small role in the war? Sure the mercator projection has its drawbacks, but in my mind it works especially well in modeling a conflict that happened primarily in the northern hemisphere.

Originally posted by Scook:

This looks absolutly incredible! I wish I knew what F&F means (Free and French?). The sig, "=FR3DO= & =F@B= " means something to do with Frodo, so that means Lord of the Rings to me. I need the Sledgehammer of Obviousness dropped on my head.

Maybe F&F is short for Fredo & Fab? Or did you totally miss that connection?

Originally posted by John C: am I the only one who finds Africa to be overly large when the continent played such a small role in the war?
Personally I love the idea of an expanded africa.... not only does it open the way for other mods but also it allows for a lot of 'what if?' scenarios and allow the great powers to struggle for further territory.

If the Pacific is the size it is, then IMHO the mod should have been made smaller to encompass the whole planet to scale (except the polar regions) so we can have a complete WW2 historical battle.

Maybe I'm missing something like Kuniworth?

I also would have cut off some of the Bottom of the map to make a complete Iceland, Norway, Sweden and Russia in the north, alot of naval activity occured up there, much more so than down south.

Still, an incredible undertaking.

Salut Fredoz

Je suis francais aussi et je voulais te proposer de t'aider au niveau graphique. Je suis en effet designer pro et donc je crois que je pourrais ameliorer encore plus tes images. Si tu veux me contacter : emareche@inbox.ru

Hi Fredoz

I am french too and I want to propose you to help you in design. I am a professional designer and I think I could improve a little more your images. Just contact me

(I put in english in order to let english readers understand, it is just more sympathic)

Etienne! ,...Hello!,...your Talent's are ever so much in need!.

Honch, so far as im aware of is working on the 'Lord of the Rings-War in Middle Earth' MOD!. Might your Expertise be such as to be able to help him out with Creating-Adusting or Aquiring the necessary Bit-Map images for this Creation?. http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=59;t=000144

Also, Fartknock3r is working on a 'WW2 War in the Pacific' Mod,...same request i ask for him!. http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=59;t=000101;p=4

[ July 16, 2006, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: Retributar ]

Hello people !

Thank you all for your posts, thank you for your encouragements and compliments !!

We try to understand all posts, but we have problems with english sometimes, sorry about that and for our crap english.

We can't post everyday because we are in a busy period (work for now and soon hollidays), but be sure to have news all the 2 or 3 days.

The mod is still in "alpha" state.

Just a little precision about the screenshots ; the jpg screenshots that we use for our posts are lower quality than the bmp files used for the game.

We contacted Etienne who will probably help us (thank you Etienne for your support!).

We have tested a network multiplayer game over internet (tcp/ip) and it works nice ;)

We played the campaign a little time, she works without problems.

Be sure that we adding a lot of units and a lot of PPs ! All costs are upgraded too, of course.

Now we want to answer some of your questions;

Originally posted by Retributar:

Fredoz !,...where did you manage to get that small 'Authentic-Looking' Japanese Tank?

where did the Artillery Gun come from?

The small japan tank is the french tank from original game (at level 0).

The Artillery Gun (who replaces rockets) come from the original game.

Originally posted by Fartknock3r:

Did you happen to get the skeleton on your second comments second screenshot from diablo 2? It looks exactly like it...

It looks exactly like it cause... That's it ;)

Originally posted by Capt Andrew:

And I take it the mod works without the custom interface?

Yes, you can play this mod without our custom interface.

Originally posted by Moonslayer:

Maybe F&F is short for Fredo & Fab?

Yes =F&F= is our seal, and it means =FR3DO= and =F@b= (Frédéric and Fabrice); our nicknames in multiplayer games on the net (Return To Castle Wolfenstein 1st person shooter game).

[ July 16, 2006, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: Fredoz ]

Originally posted by Scook:

I would love to play around with this in an alpha state to look for bugs.

Thank you, you're welcome ! We'll contact you soon for testing the alpha version.

Originally posted by Kuniworth:

One thing I don't like though is the small pacific. Maybe it expands to the east, I hope so or otherwise this would be kind of limited, and how is USA supposed to bring troops there? Arrows?

The map is enlarged at her maximal size.

Arrows let you go from an extremitie of the map to other ( "naval loop").

Just look these screens :

y99k9n8.jpg

9whkfkm.jpg

This is another screens from the actual state of our =F&F= Mod :

Flags sprites ;

tb8a83g.jpg

units sprites ;

4uf4wgv.jpg

resources sprites ;

mz04uxn.jpg

See you soon ! smile.gif

=FR3DO= & =F@B=

[ July 16, 2006, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: Fredoz ]

How in tarnation did you put those resources in there? I've done that but it doesn't seem to work for me. (You got that from my mods thread, they were good, huh? smile.gif )

Also, I knew it u got that for D2! I miss that game so much... I have a wierd urge to install it and its expansion, but im 2 lazy, that's pretty wierd considering i woke up at 4 pm. tongue.gif

Thank-You Etienne !,just to let you know that you are a distant neighbor of mine,...my family is originally from the 'Alsace-Lorraine' region!. They emigrated to Canada in 1666.

[Correction: 1663]...it's been a long while since i had to recall that date!.

[ July 16, 2006, 11:11 PM: Message edited by: Retributar ]

Now who was it?

One must wonder?

Kept on a'saying that Editor!

QUIT! :rolleyes:

Bringing up and mentioning

That unprecedented! Editor!

Superior and inspired work,

Frederic & Fabrice,

[... I originally suspected as Inspectre C,

that you were "Fantomas" in disguise! ;) ]

And great self-less offer of assistance

Etienne! ... ah, the French,

NEVER discount their elan and aplomb! smile.gif

You guys are living proof

That Hubert

Did the right thing,

In providing an Editor

So that "creative Artists" could

Make something innovative & grand,

And so, you are now doing. :cool:

Yep, the things most of us have been doing with the editor have been good, but it seems this kind of mod is what HC ultimately envisioned as the fruits of such a device. smile.gif
Yea indeed TK,

And here's the gist of what I am ALSO

Saying, albeit somewhat clumsily.

Once Hubert gets back from WELL deserved

Vacation time,

He's gonna do some Mojo Magico

With a LOT of those troublesome scripts, AI,

And O/W.

What I can foresee, and actually,

HOPE to see,

Is that you, and others inclined,

Will THEN work off of that,