Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Aniruddha

How many players / servers are out there?

Recommended Posts

I was shocked to find out that the three empty servers were not only intended for the demo version. How many servers are there for dropteam? How many players on average can one expect at any given time?

[ June 01, 2007, 12:46 AM: Message edited by: Aniruddha ]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunatly, DT never got a huge following, A La BF1942/BF2/MOH/COD, so there is only those 3 servers around. I thought there was a demo version server too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Chilibird:

Unfortunatly, DT never got a huge following, A La BF1942/BF2/MOH/COD, so there is only those 3 servers around. I thought there was a demo version server too?

Ouch, that means there is no chance to play it online? What about the single player mode? I is this

multiplayer with bots? Just like in the demo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We usually meet on Sunday, 2000 GMT although numbers there have been dwindling lately.

AFAIK DT will go on retail so I hope for more new players soon.

IMHO most of the target group did not like the SF setting. Whenever the WWII mod comes it will bring them in.

Its such a fun game especially in multi-player it would be a shame if it fails.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by poesel71:

We usually meet on Sunday, 2000 GMT although numbers there have been dwindling lately.

AFAIK DT will go on retail so I hope for more new players soon.

IMHO most of the target group did not like the SF setting. Whenever the WWII mod comes it will bring them in.

Its such a fun game especially in multi-player it would be a shame if it fails.

Ok that sounds interesting smile.gif , how many people are there on Sunday? How many servers?

[ June 02, 2007, 04:36 AM: Message edited by: Aniruddha ]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are usually between five and eight players around at 2000GMT, sometimes as many as ten.

Friday nights (around midnight GMT) are also popular - I've had a number of good games with four to six players at that time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the additional info. I wonder though if dropteam has a full fledged offline campaign (with a storyline, interconnected missions etc.) or is the offline mode the same as an online game but then with bots? (just like in the demo level)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a campaign, though it's not really even close to as fun as multiplayer. It does exist, and you can create new ones, as well. There's a lot of modding going on too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Phonan:

There's a campaign, though it's not really even close to as fun as multiplayer. It does exist, and you can create new ones, as well. There's a lot of modding going on too.

Sorry to be such a nuisance but is this real single player experience? Or more something you get to supplement the multiplayer features? Such as the single player modes in Battlefield 2, Joint Operations, Star Wars Battlefront etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally would say something to supplement the multiplayer. I must say that's really what the game is made for- people playing together. The thrill of a perfect plan or a new team strategy are really what are great about this game. The fact that it's really a simulation makes some interesting tricks possible, even in modding. As the bots aren't really intelligent enough to enable rewarding tactics, the single player iss "what you do when you're not on multiplayer." Those are my two cents (or 10, based on the length.) There may be many here who disagree, so look at other topics, in both the demo and main & modding forums, to see what the game is like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Toby Haynes:

There are usually between five and eight players around at 2000GMT, sometimes as many as ten.

Friday nights (around midnight GMT) are also popular - I've had a number of good games with four to six players at that time.

So, where is everybody? :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Chilibird:

I'm off to my graduation tonight, so I won't be there :D

Priorities... I know, I know tongue.gif

:)Ok np, btw, how can I determine who is human and who is A.I.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...