Unable to play demo

Kharnvor

Hello!

I've downloaded the demo twice now, once from GamersHell, once from Worth Playing, and both times, the game would freeze at the login/register screen. As far as I could tell, the game installed successfully, but when this screen loads, none of the buttons or tabs work. I can't register an account, switch to options, or even exit. I have to end task every time. And each time it leaves a "wget.exe" process running that I can't end task and prevents my computer from shutting down. Only thing I found that could give me any hint of what's going on is the following in my dropteam.log at the very end:

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">CAMPAIGN: Loading ..\data/Hopewell.campaign

CAMPAIGN: ERROR: Failed to read XML file

CAMPAIGN: Failed to open file

at row 0

at column 0</pre>

Thanks for the reply! Yup, my connection is always on. That was one of my first thoughts, that it tried to connect to the internet, so I was looking for my firewall to pop up a window to allow or block the attempt, but it never did. Hmm, just realized I should try with my firewall disabled.

Any suggestions if that doesn't solve the problem?

Tried after disabling my firewall. Works fine. For some reason, Norton isn't recognizing wget.exe as internet capable and isn't prompting me to allow or block it. I'll have to add it manually, then. Well, thanks for your help and suggestions! Now to play the demo, then hopefully get some friends to buy the game too! :D