Sign in to follow this  
JT1000

Running a LAN server

Can anyone tell me how to set up accounts for players when running a demo version server on a LAN? The LAN is a corporate LAN, and there are issues with allowing the clients access to the internet.

Clay,

Within 4 weeks I will organize a LAN-party for 25 players (weekend of 18 & 19 november 2006). Is there any news if it's possible to set up a LAN-server by that time ?

Being a somewhat experienced DT-player myself (bought the game some while ago), I would like to setup a demoserver for this playergroup and show them the ins and outs of this game.

Greetingz, Monk.

No, I managed to get a location with internet availability (it's almost impossible to have a LAN-party without internet nowadays => steam-based-games).

So server and players have internet access smile.gif

[ October 26, 2006, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: Monkwarrior ]

That's good news, Monk. In that case, you're all set. The only thing I hope to change in time for your game is to release the updated demo that includes all of the improvements from the retail version. Hopefully it will be released in time for your event!

Would it be possible to add 1 more mission to the demo: one which includes CTF ?

I'm sure all our players at the LAN-party would love to play CTF with the demo.

It's a bit short notice for such a request (4 days), but it was worth a shot Clay smile.gif

Monk.

Sign in to follow this