No servers were found?

DAC

I downloaded the demo yesterday, v0.9.94, but can't find any servers.

Running on OSX 10.4.7, G5 iMac (PowerPC). My connections is via a network ADSL modem with a fairly tight firewall.

I opened port 9961 to register a new account, which worked, and 9967 (TCP and UDP) for game play, but no servers.

Initially I set NAT for 9967 UDP as well (didn't help) but then figured this was unnecessary as I wasn't hosting, so removed it.

I ran the update.app. It worked, although the version number didn't change.

Are connections to the demo servers limited to the US by any chance?

• 2 weeks later...

Now that Claytonious helped me with getting the demo installed in another thread, I am also unable to find a demo server. I went into the firewall via YAST and opened the port mentioned above, but...nothing.

Can someone suggest any other ideas? Or give me an IP address for a demo server I can type into the "Direct Play" box?

Oooookay...that's odd.

I decided to try the servers again, just in case.

And it worked. One of the servers I've been seeing all along gave me a "your username and password are invalid" message instead of the "Go play on a demo server!" message. So I created a new account and I was able to log on.

So as soon as I figure out what the heck I'm doing in-game, I'll be able to get killed early and often!