IMPORTANT: DEMO vs. RETAIL ACCOUNTS

ClaytoniousRex

If you have been playing the public test, then when you install the full retail version of DropTeam you should register a new account with your product key. If you continue to use your old demo account then you won't be able to join any 1.0.0 servers (it will say your username/password is incorrect). Demo accounts are only allowed to play on demo servers.

Any chance the demo will be some way to join a demo server with a retail account. When I hopped online to play with some people...everyone was on a demo server.

Or should I just reinstall the demo version for that?

P.S. Pass some cheese to go with that whine.

• 1 month later...

I wish I'd known that before I registered my demo account. I want to use my clan handle and nick if I decide to buy the game: =JpS=SgtRock. For the demo, I used JpSSgtRock because it didn't allow punctuation. Will I be able to use one or the other for the demo?

Sgt, once you've registered your retail account we can change your username for either or both accounts as you wish (we can even remove the old demo account if you want to use that name).

I think using punctuation is OK, too, but we will have to change it for you on the server. If you like, you can email me directly tomorrow for a final answer on whether punctuation will be OK or not (I won't be able to get a final answer today).

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I just purchased Dropteam and would like to have my demo account renamed (I may still use it to indroduce a couple new players). Please change the demo account "Neutrino 123" to "Neutrino 123 DEMO", so I can use Neutrino 123 for the main game. smile.gif

Thank You,