Strange configuration error

weasello

I swapped my video card thrice, upgraded my ram, replaced my motherboard, and patched the game to the latest version - so this is hardly what I'd call a controlled expermient smile.gif

However, upon loading up the new patch, I went in and maxed out all the details in the config screen.

I tried joining a server, but the game crashed immediately upon clicking "join game." I sent a rather unhelpful crash submission form ("I clicked join!" I think were my exact words) and reloaded the game.

Thinking it was one of the graphic settings malfunctioning, I fired back up the config screen and saw this very strange thing (no screenshot):

Under "SOUND ADAPTER", there's a dropdown tab. Before my hardware mess, I had "GENERIC HARDWARE" and "GENERIC SOFTWARE" as options; I selected HARDWARE previously.

But imagine my suprise when the SOUND ADAPTER field had selected "STEERING SENSITIVITY."

I'm thinking some kind configuration file read error or something?

As soon as I changed it back to hardware, the option dissapeared from the menu (I'm POSITIVE I wasn't on drugs) and the game worked fine.