Texture Corruption?

weasello

I just installed an ATI Radeon X1600 PRO 512mb video card to try to up my dropteam performance...

Unfortunately, it looks like I'm getting some serious bugs now! No crashing for me (as usual), but in the ice level, some portions of the landscape seem to stretch off into infinity in the sky... Little patches of florescent green and blue show up on the ground... All sorts of odd graphical glitches.

Need screenshots? I can try taking some.

Since the AGP cardslot can't get too much faster (2000 mb/s AGP 8x; 8000 mb/s PCI-E 16x) I figured that instead of shelling out for the best processor on a graphics card (GeForce 7800GS) I'd rather get the one that will supplement my 2gigs of RAM.

Of course, I should also mention that I was upgrading for Oblivion ;)

Quake4 test/screens/logs/etc will be posted in about 4 hours!

You used to have a NVidia card in there, right? Did you uninstall the nvidia drivers before installing Catalyst? Either way, you might have some luck by uninstalling all video drivers right now and going back to basic VGA, boot into that, and THEN install your Catalyst again.

Make sure you have the full Catalyst with control center. I think the control center has some diagnostics in it (just from memory). Maybe those will find something for you.

Also with these mammoth cards there's always the question of power. I assume this one needs a power line from the power supply, right? First, of course, make sure that's really plugged in. smile.gif Then start looking into whether your power supply is big enough for this card plus other devices. You could, for example, unplug a CD-ROM or some other device(s) and see if it makes any difference.