ATGM Failure to Launch

Pirate Bill

Just noticed this on my first game with .942 - occassionally, ATGMs will just refuse to launch. All systems are go, there's ammo left, but I pull the trigger and nothing happens. I tried experimenting - firing with and without lock, in various directions - no nothing. Extracting and redeploying seems to fix it, however.

Not sure if this is your issue, but make sure you and your target are relatively stationary (or as good as possible). You can't fire unless the turret is pointing right at the target, and as you can see in external view, the turret can't always keep up with the target's movement speed (especially if your vehicle is turning at the same time).

Your crosshair view isn't the turret direction smile.gif

This happens easily when you have a wheel blown off. You press forward and backward to make it a bit harder for your enemy to hit, but actually you are also turning, many times the turns are 90+ degrees.

But I have also had sometimes a situation where the gun just wont fire. This is with 120mm. Sometimes it is because of out of ammo, but sometimes I can't figure out why I can't fire.

Any more hints at how to reproduce this would be a big help! If we can find a reliable way to reproduce it then we can fix it.

You can't fire unless the turret is pointing right at the target
This is usually the cause but it sounds like even the veterans are seeing this once in a while. When it happens again, make *sure* it's not just the turret spinning and if it's not, try to remember exactly what you were doing when it happened so we can reproduce it.

I've noticed that in several vehicles. Maybe it IS the fact that the turret hasn't completely swung around yet. If so, a visual indicator of turret position in Gunner view would be very useful.

Just working from memory , is the target reticle red with the turret not in position ?

if not , something like that might work