HD Crashage

weasello

I have a GeForce FX 5900XT graphics card that seems to want to CTD w/out error message when I have "High Definition" turned on in the video options. I don't seem to have any other problems with the game with any other settings...

But I know my graphics card is pretty much teh suck and I wouldn't doubt if it is the primary source of the problem.

Do you guys want logs or do I want a new video card? or both? smile.gif

In a sort of similar vein, a friend running Win98 with a Geforce card was experiencing a really bad-sounding crash (he thought it had a blue screen of death and then broke his whole system or something). I believe this resulted in him deleting the game, but I tried to troubleshoot it and it turned out his drivers were out of date. Updating them fixed the problem and he redownloaded and is playing now.

Would it be at all possible to make Drop Team quit more gracefully with an appropriate error message when it encounters obsolete drivers like that? Maybe it's already meant to, I'm not sure, but if so it failed catastrophically in that case. smile.gif

Originally posted by kapps:

The same thing happens over on the Mac side. If I turn HD on, it'll force quit the game right at the end of loading the level.

I already e-mailed them about that. A funny thing is if you start DT and the first thing you do is enable HD, it works. If you play a map first... THEN change it, it will crash next time you load.