Big ups on 9.41

Pirate Bill

Since the update, the OSX game start bug has disappeared. Additionally, the whole thing just feels a lot snappier - better framerate, better response times, and fewer slowdowns.

That said, there's one major performance bug still in existence, which has been mentioned before - the big lag at mission start. For about 15 seconds after beginning, the game plays at about 1 frame per 3 seconds while it apparently catches up with whatever has been happening while the level loaded. Speaking of which, anything to be done about the loading time? It really is very, very long.

[ March 24, 2006, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: Pirate Bill ]

I agree...with the exeption of one thing...

I still have issues with the overall responsiveness of the interface. At first, I thought it was just the vehicle dynamics but changing weapons also requires you to almost hold down the button. You can't just tap the + and -. I also have to hold the key to get the vehicles started turning and then they turn too far once I let go. On slower vehicles, it's alright but on something like the Hurricane, it's very annoying.

I'm not sure if this issue is related but it also seems like the Hurricane will only turn in 10 degree (or so) incriments. I know this is supposed to be a "dark ages" but I think they could figure out how to have immediate and smooth turning.