Feature Request: Orientation Selection

weasello

It would be very nice if we could select which direction the dropship deploys our vehicles. I think the interface implementation could be fairly easy - click and drag to create an arrow facing a certain direction. A single click could default to the last used direction (or the current default).

A lot of times in intense combat, you'll deploy with your rear facing a close by enemy (I know, landing near badguys is a bad idea in the first place..)...

Maybe you can put it on your.. flyswap? list? back burner? smile.gif

That is an exalent idea. I hate that so much. Plus the fact that you sometimes lose a few seconds trying to get orientated.

Something to add to that is, why are we still in observer mode when we are deploying? Shouldn't we be in our tank as it's comming down? Rather than floating all over the place and then springing to our unit, I think there would be a little more continuity if the moment the dropship came in, our view was locked on it untill it droped us.

Maybe you can put it on your.. flyswap? list? back burner?
flyswap. Heh. :D

Our flyspray list is not a back burner. All of the folks from the private beta test would probably be willing to attest to the fact we really do keep up a steady stream of improvements over time, even many of the "little things" people ask for. We can't do it all but we do quite a lot.