not a bug.

konstantine

I was just playing on the Judas Reach server, the icefields scenario, as a Shrike, and while I was navigating a patch of ice this happened:

wtf5sm.th.jpg

I was suddenly transported hundreds of meters above the surface and landed only to suffer gun damage (as though I rolled over).

edit: looks like someone decided to take me for an impromptu aerial tour of the battlefield.

[ March 22, 2006, 07:01 PM: Message edited by: konstantine ]

Lol that would be me smile.gif But I'm positive he would have seen the cable if he were picked up. It takes a few seconds to get any momentum and everyone I have picked up have at least tryed to shoot me... to no success tongue.gif But don't wory, I usually find myself upside down anyway redface.gif

And on a related note, I did notice that when picking up hovercraft, you go out of control and wierd stuff happens.

I can't seem to have any luck flying those things. Either don't go anywhere, or get shot down tongue.gif I can't figure out how to ajust height/speed. Maybe if the devs have a learning session, that should be something discussed...

and IRT Konstantine- Sounds like you found the hidden rocket boosters on your craft tongue.gif That big red button? Don't press it ;)

Sorry... couldn't resist..

Probably someone messin with the transport craft. Might not have even known they were doing it..

I swear I saw a buggy fall *through* the world on that map and kill himself. It was a bot, I think, and he drove into a little dip in the ground, then his IFF triangle just kept going down and down until the message that he killed himself appeared.

Maybe I was mistaken and something else happened, but it was really bizarre.

Amen to that Abidubi! I was parked in a hurricane shelling a base on the ice fields map, a friendly Viper came by and attached. We then proceeded to spin about in a most crazy fashion, I got flung up to the top of the skybox, but somehow landed with no damage. Another funny bug with the tempest/hurricane is simply holding forward and a turn key. You'll spin like a helo blade, and if you manage to hit off a slope you can catch quite a lot of air. More often than not you end up on your turret, however.