Air mobile problem

Redcon-5

This Happen yesterday and just now had a chance so forgive me if it is already posted somewhere I didn't see.

Two of us tryed an air mobile tactic were he picked me up with his dropship. So there I was hanging from the tether and we get shot down. I land just fine and hit the gas to keep from being landed on. Here's the funny part I was still tethered to a dead dropship so that when i reached the end of the tether it flipped me onto my rear and I was stuck there.

Hey, that was me! I reported this in another thread too but I didn't see it addressed.

I have since noticed this recur in another form - the resupply ship. Someone was tethered to a ship, rearming, while I blew it up. He panicked and started driving away, but I notice the tether never disconnected. He got pretty far, too - maybe 400 feet or so? Before I killed him... But since the tether for the resupply ship is springy and not rigid like the Viper, it didn't restrict his motion. Just a graphical error.

A simple line of code that detaches all tethers upon dropship death would be handy. smile.gif

Ya, I've expierenced that never ending thether. Either it should just fall of when the dropship is destroyed (which would make sense if it's electromagnetic, cuz when the power is out, it stops working), or not detach and restrict your movement to like 25m from the drop ship.