Etiquette

I was just kicked off a server just a few minutes after joining. All I had done was place a few turrets before dropping in as a hovercraft. Suddenly I'm being voted on to be kicked. I don't remember who initiated the vote.

WTF? Considering the beta has been out for what, a few days now, I'm sorry if I missed some consensus on gameplay etiquette. I would have appreciated someone telling me what I did that was "wrong," rather than just suddenly being kicked off.

Well they should have stated what you did wrong, and maybe they did, and you missed the chat messages and thought you where ignoring them so they kicked you.

And/Or They may have been looking for a team player who would make sure to ask for directions from the team commander about what the plan is, etc.

Or they wanted to keep the game more private and kicking off anyone they didn't know.

Unfortunately the down side of voting is that if they are all buddies then they can keep anyone else out.

Keep in mind this is a very team oriented game and to just come into a game and start placing turrets without asking the commander what the plan is, can be considered rude. Because there is a limited about of turrets and you may have places that last few ones and they may have had plans for them.

Regardless, I wouldn't take it personally and just move on.