Had some glitches and a crash, what can I do to help

Caesar

I was having some problems first when I tried resupply (things had been going quite well up until that point) and everything kept freezing and the graphics were glitching - the terrain was at times not being rendered and the Skybox below was showing with the terrain objects (rocks etc) hovering in mid air. This cleared itself after a while and I continued to play. After I died I switched to some other games.

The first one I had a problem where I told it to drop my main battle tank (forgot the name of it) on the wall and it tipped over and blew up (cool effect BTW). Problem was I would have expected that it should have declared me the idiot I undoubtedly was and continued. It didn't, it glitched (as above) a few times and I switched to yet another game.

In this one I dropped in ummm unfortunate positions and was promptly killed. I dropped again, died again, dropped again, killed someone and then the game crashed.

Hope all that helped. My PC is an Athlon 64, 1GB RAM, Geforce 6600 Gt 128Mb RAM. I am on an ADSL connection servicing only my one computer. If you need any more info, log files or whatever just post here. I will watch this thread.

Now for some general comments. Cool game - lots of fun. The graphics are better in the game than in stills though probably not quite state of the art nowadays. They are certainly adequate for the game.

I didn't read any manuals or the like, I just dived in and played so take all comments with this in mind. It was rather confusing at first and some parts were not all that intuitive. I have already read comments on how the servers not automatically refreshing was confusing - I agree, I assumed I was not connected. There have been times where I tell the tank to turn and it is inconsistant in how fast it turns - I assume this is network lag (though I was driving a Hurricane at the time so maybe some of it was the drive mechanism - don't really know). My ping times were around 250 when I connected but as I am in NZ and connection is only 128/256 some of the problems could be attributed to my connection - not sure of the demands of the system. I found the red target arrows showing through the hills and over the horizon to be confusing. I wasted a lot of shots at first until I realised that I couldn't target them. On the other hand, you obviously need to show them somehow so I don't know that you can do anything about that anyway. At the moment, I am not interacting with my team at all (to be honest I don't know how anyway) as I am a bit overwhelmed. I will be interested to see how this aspect works out as I get more familiar with things. Now back to the game...

Hi, Caesar. Thanks for offering to help! The next time this "glitchey" stuff happens, please email your Dropteam.log to support@tbgsoftware.com with a note about what happened. Are you running Windows? If so, please send the error report whenever there's a crash so we can get a stack trace.

I'm looking forward to getting out there with you and watching some of your creative landings... smile.gif