Server not Responding

Iceman[USA]

Hey all

First of all, finally got a chance to play the public beta, and I am seriously impressed. This is a fun game!

But there are a few things I'd like to point out.

1. Sometimes the sound (particularly engine noises) drops out

2. (And a big one) when continuing into a new round (I.E- a new map after the previous one ended) the deployment phase will end, and then the "server not responding" message shows up.

I don't know if its just a fluke, or what, but I thought I should point it out.

Great job otherwise :D Lotta fun

It's great to have you playing, Iceman!

Sometimes the sound (particularly engine noises) drops out
Yes, and a fix for at least one cause of this is on the way. Would you please post your system specs?

the "server not responding" message shows up
Does this happen to you every time a game ends, on every server?

Seems that i also get the "server not responding" message. I get it everytime i finally load the level. I can see both bots and human players in the list, but im just unable to communicate or deply. I don't see any action happening at all.

I had no such problems when i first ran the game after the inital install.

Cheers

Chris

[ March 18, 2006, 03:28 AM: Message edited by: Chris Jones ]

I am currently running hte game on a 1.67 Ghz Powerbook G4, 512 MB RAM.

As for the server not responding, yes, it seems to happen on every server, every time. It may have just been time of day (Sometimes my internet likes to do things like resetting the IP, ect, late at night, and that can mess with my internet connection), so i'll try again today when I have some time.

Hmmm, I'll bet that on your Powerbook it's taking an extraordinarily long time to get to the AAR screen in the first place and then to load the next scenario? If it's taking a really long time, then the server's probably dropping you because it thinks you have disconnected. Does this sound like what's happening to you? We can probably clean this up to accomodate people who take a little longer to load.

To try a workaround in the meantime, you can turn off Texture cacheing. This will make scenarios load faster but at the expense of more jerkiness in the first few minutes of the game.

i have exactly the same problem, i'll try turning off texture cacheing

i also have a powerbook G4

/edit/ I tried it and i don't get the message anymore, but it slows down the game an i get massive lag because the texture ist cached. How do i adjust it so i can get on the server without the error and without lag? /edit/

[ March 23, 2006, 04:59 AM: Message edited by: giminar ]

I find if I take too long to continue from the score screen, I get this problem 100% of the time... But occasionally I'll get it despite ultra fast load times (I'm usually first in the server).

A (perhaps related?) bug - when joining very quickly, sometimes I cannot place any units. CTF mode, within my circle, try changing teams - I have to reload the map to get it to work again. Maybe related?

i really like this game but the 'server not responding'-error is really pissing me off, i always want to play the game and because of the error i can't.

I tried turning off the option so it will load faster but it makes me lag like hell and not just for a few minutes, for the entire time.

plz get this fixed, it's the only thing standing between me (and perhaps other people) and buying the game.

This fix will probably be in the next update, Giminar, so hang in there. Also remember that this is a public test. As we said in the announcement and in the release itself, there are definitely still bugs and we've asked for the community's help in finding and fixing them BEFORE you pay a single nickel for anything. So please continue to report whatever bugs you can and also hopefully have a lot of fun along the way.

I've gotten the error twice. Both times, I was playing normally and then the view switches to the outside of my vehical and I get the server not responding message. I have to force quit the game. Interestingly enough, both times it happened were on CTF maps. The first time, I had just picked up the enemy's flag and the second was soon after I had scored.