Below minimum spec computers

DaffyDoc

Hello all,

I tested out DropTeam public beta on a MAC Powerbook G4 1 GHz, 64 mB Radeon 9000 video, 768 mB RAM, and OSX 10.4.5. Minimum Mac specs are 1.2 GHz and I beleive either a Radeon 9200 or 9600, but still 64 mB video.

I was hoping that DropTeam would work below suggested specs, even if it worked slowly. Unfortunately it did not. I could get the program to start. I could connect to the network, and the computer would think download/think about terrian, objects, and such. However, after everything was loaded and ready for a session to start, the game would crash as soon as I pressed 'return.' The screen would go black, then go to the Mac OSX desktop. Reducing a few of the video settings did not help.

(This game is another excuse for me to upgrade to a faster Mac!)

Actually, we've been able to run and play on a Mac Mini that sounds close to your "below spec" specs. I think it is 1.2 GHz with a Radeon 9200 and 1 gig of RAM, so it's a *little* beefier than yours but not by much. I'm quite willing to peek at your log and see if there's anything we can do to get you running. (Honestly, though, it's going to be pretty slow which might frustrate you in-game).

First, try these settings:

Turn OFF terrain VBO (by default it is ON)

Turn OFF texture cacheing (by default it is ON)

Make sure these are still off (should have been off by default): shadows, shaders, hdr, foliage.

Try running that way and see if you can get in. If it's still a no-go, then email your Dropteam.log to support@tbgsoftware.com and we'll have a look.