Password not recognized... [resolved]

Jack Carr

I downloaded the beta and loaded it up with no problem. I set up an account, creating a profile and password, but when I refresh the servers and select one to join, I get a message box that states my password isn't recognized.

???

I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks for your help in advance.

[ March 18, 2006, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: ClaytoniousRex ]

After creating your account, did you type that new username and password into the fields on the Account tab?

If so, then the next most common mistake is to not realize that usernames AND passwords are both case-sensitive. People quite often enter a username and/or password with something capitalized when they register their account, then try to login without the capitalization (or with extra capitalization).

If you're sure those don't apply to you, then tell me the username you have registered and I will reset the password for you and email the new password to you.

I think the "login" is a little confusing. Working in tech support myself, I can imagine a lot of people asking themselves where the login button is.

Also, since it saves the username and password, it might also be a good idea to have a checkbox to choose to remember the password or not.