PDF Manual

Draykor

Look in the directory where you installed the game. For example, it could be C:\Programs\DropTeam\PublicTestManual.pdf, depending on where you installed the game. This applies to the PC version. I don't quite know where it would be located in the Mac and Linux versions, but I assume it's similar.

Martin

I'm having problems reading the PDF manual on my Mac. I haven't installed DT on the Mac (Mac mini running 10.3.9), but wanted to read the manual from it. I opened the manual in Preview (no Acrobat Reader installed).

Almost all characters (but not digits) are garbage (mostly small 'squares'). Images are displayed OK.

I downloaded the Mac version and tried to open the PDF manual from the disk image (without installing DT) . When doing this I got a:

"File Error

Couldn't open the file. It may be corrupt or a file format that Preview doesn't recognize."

The PDF rom the web (or from the PC installation) opens, but is unreadable.

This is the first PDF I have encountered that Preview is unable to read.

I can read it on my PC (with Acrobat Reader), so it's not a showstopper for me. My guess is that is has something to do with the fonts used in the PDF.

Anyone else having problems with Preview?

Kurtz, I'm able to read it just fine in Preview.

Do you have any of your fonts turned off? At work I just helped someone troubleshoot why a ton of their apps wouldn't work, which turned out to be that they turned off some of the system fonts that the machine expected to be there.

And just an FYI Moon, Preview is the OS X-provided PDF reader (as well as plain images).

No fonts are disbled in Font Book. However, the only fonts available in the PDF Collection are: Courier, Helvetica, Symbol, Times and Zapf Dingbats.

I dont have 10.4.5 which is requried by the game (still on 10.3.9), so it might be a version issue as it seem to work for you guys.

Same problem using 10.3.9 and can't get the PDF to show anything but squares, had the problem before occationally too.

Is the manual availablr on line as a HTML anywhere.

Peter.

Played twice got creamed about 45 times, good game better rhan I thought it would be, but no CM....

Peter.