Just installed, crashes when run [resolved]

danpwn

Hi smile.gif

I've just installed the public test, and it refuses to run.

My problem: screen goes black, looks like its trying to work, and drops me back to windows. The standard "send error report" message comes up.

from the error log

DropTeamP4Release caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)

in module DropTeamP4Release.exe at 001b:00000000.

Exception handler called in main thread.

My PC specs are P4 2.6, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9700 pro, Windows XP Pro.

Help? Looking forward to trying this good looking new Sci-Fi game smile.gif

[ March 18, 2006, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: ClaytoniousRex ]

Thanks moon..... I'm really lookin forward to gettin in there ..... although I do only have a radeon 9550 I have yet to have issues with any other game on the market, hopefully this won't prove to be my downfall...... lol

As I forgot to post before my specs are

AMD 2600XP

1.5 gig of ram

sound blaster live 5.1 platinum

Radeon 9550 256meg ( I know this card sucks but the wife won't let me get anything better .... lol

I'm currently running the drivers that came with it so I'm going to try updating them tonight....

Any assistance you guys can give would be greatly appreciated.....

Specifically for you ATI guys, you must have Catalyst 6.2 or higher installed.

in module DropTeamP4Release.exe at 001b:00000000
This indicates that an OpenGL extension failed to load, which almost certainly means your video drivers are stale. Can you verify that you have installed Catalyst 6.2 from ATI's site?

This issue has been resolved and here's a summary in case anyone else runs into it.

The Good General had an old OpenAL driver installed on his sytem and it was somehow the driver for a different sound card than what he actually has! The fix was to manually remove the old OpenAL driver by deleting these DLL's from system32:

OpenAL32.dll

wrap_oal.dll

ct_oal.dll

This kind of thing is only recommended for experts who know what they're doing, but it resolves the problem if you somehow have the wrong OpenAL driver on your system.

Im having this same problem, I start the game it goes to a black screen and then shows a part of my desktop in what looks to be 800x600 or 640x480 resolution and then it just crashes back to desktop and gives me the error submission window. I just updated my video drivers today and I tried deleting the openAL .dll files but neither worked.

Edit: I have an Nvidia GeForce 6600 with an AMD athlon 64 3200+

The DropTeam.log shows that your Video drivers are

MAIN: GL VENDOR: Microsoft Corporation

which means that somehow your nVidia drivers are not installed.

For instance my log reads:

MAIN: GL VENDOR: ATI Technologies Inc.

MAIN: GL VERSION: 2.0.5646 WinXP Release

[ March 18, 2006, 10:04 PM: Message edited by: Grappler ]

POSSIBLE FIX?: Right click desktop > Properties. Settings tab. Change color quality to Highest (32 bit).

---

I've been able to reproduce this problem.

I had the same issue. I did not have any of the three OpenAL files in my system32 directory, so they were not the culprit. I, too, had DropTeam.log list my drivers as Microsoft drivers, despite having the latest Omega ATI drivers.

I was running my desktop on 16-bit color (to accomodate an older game) instead of 32-bit color, which I normally run (and which apparently most people do nowadays). Switching to 32-bit color, the game ran, and DropTeam.log showed my video information correctly.

I went back to 16-bit color and it crashed again, so I was able to isolate the issue.

Not sure what's causing that. I'll try to work with you guys. For now, see if this fix works.

Okay, in the game, I noticed all of your video display options use 32-bit color. It may be that there's an issue when the game initializes, though I've never seen that in another game/app.

I'm on a laptop, native resolution of 1680x1050, and the game has to change my screen's resolution to fit it. The crash occurs after making this change. I'll see if I can run the game at native resolution. I'll post results in a moment.

Got same problem: "I've just installed the public test, and it refuses to run.

My problem: screen goes black, looks like its trying to work, and drops me back to windows. The standard "send error report" message comes up."

I am not much of a computer whiz though.

My computer has the following:

-Radeon Mobiltiy (Microsoft) display adapter?

-Intel® Pentium® III mobile CPU 1200 Mhz

-1.6 GB of memory, 5.43 unused (including DT game), 640 MB of RAM

-Windows XP SP2

-color is set at 32 bit.

My computer is a little old, (2003) but it plays games like Ghost Recon just fine.

Any advice?

Claytonious, that sounds great but to be honest, I do not have any idea what you are talking about. How do I check the catalyst drivers? Could not find no such animal in the device manager.

I emailed you the DROPTEAM.LOG message that I found in the error report. If that is not what you need, please let me know if you have the time.

Thank you for the help.